Grilling with bourbon

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Reminds me of an old story:

"I drank a little too much last night. I blew on the coals and it caused such an explosion it singed my eyebrows. I've given that up."

"You gave up drinkin'?"

"No, gave up blowin' on coals."

Bob Wright

P.S. This is funnier if you do it in a W.C. Fields dialect.

akbluz

Single-Sixer
Like that ol' Albert Collins song "I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVfc8-Y7sQ

Don Lovel

Hunter
good bourbon, some dry mustard, brown sugar and a little bit of Cholhua hot sauce in the mix, baste ribeyes with that over Mesquite coals in a campfire, Yeehaw factor 1000, utilize bourbon not needed in baste to add to lemonade to wash down the steak with

Kanook

Buckeye
"To Alcohol, the cause of , and solution to all life's problems." Homer Simpson.

stevemb

Hunter
"Yeehaw factor". I like it ! Here, a local place has bourbon chicken wings, yum. Myself, avoid the hard stuff, but understand those that like it.

Cooperhawk

Buckeye
Grandpa Jedediah downed a shot of bourbon with a pinch gunpowder every day of his life. He lived to be ninety-six. :D

We planned his funeral for yesterday but the blast at the crematorium took out half the town including the church. :shock:

stevemb

Hunter
The Baldwin sisters would agree ! At camp, whats in the jug, I call rocket fuel.

coach

Hunter
I usually limit myself to one or two, but I have to be carefull when I smoke ribs. The three hours or so can creep up on you if you aren't careful.

Pal Val

Buckeye
A friendly warning. Don't do as I did last Monday. I was cooking a pot of spaghetti with Scotch, and overdid the Scotch. When I went to strain the spaghetti, I missed the sink and splashed my right foot with scalding water. It's been a week, and I may be able to walk tomorrow.
That's not all. My balance was not that good from all that booze, so I fell and sprained an ankle while jumping away from the scalding water.
Moral of the story: Don't drink and boil water!

wwb

Hunter
All of my grilling recipes start with "marinate the chef".

Your choice of marinade.

turd

Blackhawk
coach said:
I usually limit myself to one or two, but I have to be carefull when I smoke ribs. The three hours or so can creep up on you if you aren't careful.

True, this.

My brother claims I drink bourbon straight. My view is if its on the rocks, the ice melts and I'm sippin' whiskey and water. :mrgreen: