Greetings from the Pine Barrens!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LR Rifleman

Bearcat
Greetings! Just joined this forum after a few acquisitions. I am not new to Rugers, my father owned and enjoyed a Mk I 6 7/8" Target. A few years back, I was fortunate enough to find a new SR1911CMD that is one of the best 1911s that I own.

I had planned on purchasing a MKIV 22/45 Target for NRA 2700 matches, since hand issues have been hindering my ability to shoot my long time rimfire revolver (K22) single action. While starting the paperwork in order to pickup my Sig P365-380, I spotted a MkIII 22/45 Target in the used display, and it is being added to my match pistols.

Just last night I won a Ruger Precision Rifle, which will become my F class Rifle. Prior to becoming disabled 15 years ago, all I shot were Service Rifles. Upon becoming disabled, I tried to adapt my service rifles for F class, but laws in the state where I shoot most often prevented me from competing this year.

The icing on the cake which led me to go with the Ruger was an observation at the Adaptive Defensive Shooting Summit IV [consisting entirely of physically challenged shooters] held at the Sig Academy. Many manufacturers provided product and prize support, but Ruger's CEO was present every day of the Summit serving meals to the competitors! To me, that spoke volumes not only about the man, but also the company!

I'm looking forward to learning from the experienced Ruger owners!

buckaroo

Banned
but Ruger's CEO was present every day of the Summit serving meals to the competitors! To me, that spoke volumes not only about the man, but also the company.

That comes from the company's heritage. And it's never been forgotten unlike Ford. Built for the average person with modest means. Go back in history and see the (white) sharecroppers fleeing the dust bowl and depression in the 1930's, dirt poor people and yet had a car. And it was most likely a Ford.

I got an EC9s for under $225 with tax and FFL charge a few years back, even now they can be had for under $250. Simple and basic but it works and works damn good. My gun buying days are over (handgun) but if something ever happens to the EC9s I'll give Ruger a call and see what we can do. Even if I made $30k a year I could not afford a new Ford and I'm not buying a beater.
(or a Taurus or a High Point)

jmol50

Single-Sixer
What an under appreciated ecosystem - should surely be more treasured by the masses. Welcome from Colorado. 👋

Welcome aboard!
340EB91E-CCF3-4FBF-AC42-5BB9128C4F56.gif

…and congrats on the new rifle ;)

I've been a Ruger fan since 1965. I've always respected their interchange with their customers. Had an email from the CEO Mike Fifer and Sales VP Chris Killoy on a question I had once. I was impressed.
And welcome to the forum!

Latest posts