Great Volquartsen service

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
My friends ,I tried just having a Gun smith replace the sear in my Ruger Mark II for a custom one to reduce the trigger pull weight . The trigger didn't work right, so I call a Nic Volquartsen at the Sales + Tech. dept. [I now believe that some dirt had gotten into the trigger spring] I told him I'm trying to shoot in a Bullseye league and I needed a 2-2/12 lb . trigger. Nic suggest that I send him my lower half and he would install the Accurizing Kit and tune it to about 2lbs. pull! I ask if I could use the stock trigger, which it happen to work good the way it was, he left it in. I regret not getting the the extended "Mag Release" + the extended Slide Release. If I had to do over again , I'd by the complete Kit! I didn't.
I must say that now my trigger is really smooth, the reset is short, it breaks at a hair over 2 lbs….
I now see that Volquartsen has good Video instillation guide for the kit. If you have a problem installing the kit, call Nic, I sure he'll help, he did me! They will install + tune for $45.00 labor if you want to go that way!

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Kevin":bijwkkg1 said:
what was the turn around time to have the gun worked on?

Best to call them first, it took about a week. I sent it out by UPS / 2days ,in insured with tracking for 14.00.. .. Call "Nic", I 'am real happy about the trigger pull, they stand behind their work 100% If you need a special spring weigth ,he's got it + tools we dont have. Plus I ask for my OLD parts back in case I got to ever send gun back to Ruger for service work. If the parts in the gun are not stock Ruger will throw them out and replace with Rugers parts.

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
I'd never "tore into" a pistol beyond normal cleaning until January when I decided to install a VQ sear, target trigger, extractor, and a Sam Lam hammer bushing to my new (September) 2245. I had the booklet from VQ, and some great online stuff from guntalk-online; http://guntalk-online.com/2245detailstripping.htm
Guntalk has info on the regular Marks also.

It certainly went smoothly, and I am thrilled with the result. Encouragement from folks on rimfirecentral helped too.

Richbaker

Blackhawk
3leggeddog":2swcfv46 said:
Kevin":2swcfv46 said:

Best to call them first, it took about a week. I sent it out by UPS / 2days ,in insured with tracking for 14.00.. .. Call "Nic", I 'am real happy about the trigger pull, they stand behind their work 100% If you need a special spring weigth ,he's got it + tools we dont have. Plus I ask for my OLD parts back in case I got to ever send gun back to Ruger for service work. If the parts in the gun are not stock Ruger will throw them out and replace with Rugers parts.

They DO send them back, just NOT in the gun....

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Richbaker":2o40zvgv said:
3leggeddog":2o40zvgv said:
Kevin":2o40zvgv said:

They DO send them back, just NOT in the gun....

Did you send one in ? Thanks ,I've been told wrong then....

JimHnSTL

Single-Sixer
i bought a Volquartsen adjustable trigger from Midway USA a few years back and it looked really rough. i called both midway and Volquartsen and exspressed my displeasure. Volquartsen sent a new trigger in two days and midway offered to fully refund my money. i told midway what voquartsen had done and i was fine with everything but midway still ended up sending me my money back. i'll do buisness with both again anytime.

check out the burs and chatter marks, sorry about the picture size but i wanted you to see what i was upset with.

volquartsen_trigger3.JPG

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
JimHnSTL":3fo5ufxa said:
i bought a Volquartsen adjustable trigger from Midway USA a few years back and it looked really rough. i called both midway and Volquartsen and exspressed my displeasure. Volquartsen sent a new trigger in two days and midway offered to fully refund my money. i told midway what voquartsen had done and i was fine with everything but midway still ended up sending me my money back. i'll do buisness with both again anytime.

check out the burs and chatter marks, sorry about the picture size but i wanted you to see what i was upset with.

volquartsen_trigger3.JPG

I wonder if Midway is buying from Vol's bargain bin?