Great Score at the Range

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mike7mm08

Buckeye
I am not by any means a lucky person. Today that changed. I was at the range and was checking out the for sale bulletin board. There was an ad for powder. A guy was listing a bunch of powder that was his dads who recently passed. I was interested in alot of the sealed containers. I am always leery of opened powder. Anyways he wanted 10 bucks for a sealed pound and 5 for the opened. I gave him a call and asked if he would do a deal on multiple sealed containers. He said he needed to sell as the wife wanted it out of the house. He asks if I would take it all for a 100 bucks. My shoulder is still sore from grabbing for my wallet that fast. I got 29 sealed 1 pound containers of assorted Hodgdon and IMR rifle type powders mainly with some others mixed in. All newer stock in plastic bottles. In addition I got 27 partial containers. So I got in the range of 40 or so pounds for 100 bucks. I don't know if I should go to church or buy a lottery ticket :lol:

G2

Hunter
You should go back and ... GIVE HIM ANOTHER $100.

Not really, You did them a favor helping them get rid of what they didn't know they had.

Good for you, got to love it when you run into the good deals.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
He knew what he had but just wanted it gone. Most all the cans had price stickers on them. He had already sold over 800 items on gunbroker including over a 130 guns. The powder was all he had left.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
G2":1ljgaiw0 said:
You should go back and ... GIVE HIM ANOTHER $100.

Yeah...really! Or at least another $50. Make ya feel better. Or maybe put it in the collection box or Salvation Army. :)
Sonnyoo

Flash

Buckeye
Reminds me about answering an ad from a Vietnam vet about reloading supplies. I told him I'd take it, sight unseen and he advised me to bring a pick-up truck. He was asking $400 and my buddy and I gave him all we had, which was $480. We each wound up a few thousand dollars from internet sales and we also each have more than we'll use in a lifetime. I found an old photo of him from the 60's, among the stuff and I keep it as a tribute. He was shot up pretty bad and the wounds really started to create complications in his later years. He and his wife were leaving their small house and he needed to get rid of it immediately. That day I was extremely lucky. Congrats on the powder.