Great New 10/22 Iron Sights! NEW Pics Added! 12/11

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snake45

Hawkeye
Ever since I bought my 10/22 in 1985, I've wanted to make it look and feel more like a real USGI M1 Carbine. I won't take your time telling you how much effort and money I've put into this idea, with less-than-satisfactory results.

Couple years ago I ran across someplace (might have been SARCO) selling M1 Carbine lookalike stocks (with handguard and front band) for the 10/22. I bought one and put it on--close enough to perfect for me!

Now the last piece of the puzzle was the sights. The Tech Sights, while entirely functional, just didn't make it looks-wise for me, not at all. I finally figgered I would put on a common Weaver scope base and file a dovetail for a real GI M1 Carbine rear sight as close to the proper location as I could. I never got around to the hours of tedious work this would require, and then the front sight problem was still unsolved.

Last week I was looking for something else online, and just happened to stumble across these sights. They're not all that "new"--it looks like they've been around since 2019--but they were new to me; I'd never seen or heard of them before. I thought the price was entirely reasonable considering the time and effort they'd save me, with final results by no means guaranteed. I ordered a set last week and they arrived in just a couple days.

I just put them on. Only took about 15-20 minutes, and I couldn't be more pleased! They really look the part and seem to be very functional. Can't wait to get to the range and actually shoot with them. Check 'em out! ;) (y)

Last edited:
Yes, they definitely look the part, much more so than the (very good) Tech Sights "Mickey Mouse Ear" profile! 😂

The local Appleseed shoot guy tells me that these aren't as practical for repeatble sight adjustments, but for a typical "sight it in and forget it" application, they definitely look like the cat's meow.

They've been on my "list" for a while…. 👍

Snake45

Hawkeye
Finally took some pics today. Here's what the 10/22 looks like with the new stock and sights. I still got a few tweaks to make to it, but so far I'm VERY MOST WAY HAPPY with how this project is going! :D

102201.JPG

Snake45

Hawkeye
I've been seriously considering one of the Thompson kits. I've done dumber things with $500. This is my current 10-22.
IMHO those Thompson kits for 10/22 look like ass. Again IMHO you'd be better off and much happier spending half your $500 budget on this. I can testify that it looks good, feels good, works great, runs full-auto for pennies, AND you can shoot it in your basement whenever the mood strikes you, day or night, rain or shine. (y) What's not to like? BOO-YA! :LOL:

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/legends-m1a1-177-full-auto-blowback-co2-bb-gun?m=5125#10241

1670875116436.png

Snake45

Hawkeye
is that an American Arms P98 Walther P38 replica?
No, it's something I built up from a genuine WWII Walther P.38 frame (and other milsurp parts) and a genuine postwar Walther .22 conversion top half I bought off eBay about 15 years ago. And yes, it's just as much fun to shoot as you'd think. ;)