Grashorn grips for my RH 44 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tankhead

Bearcat
I'm getting ready to order some grips from Patrick (aka Executioner) http://grashornsgunworks.com/ and wanted to run it by here first. I'm really liking the Elk bone w/ no bark at all. Being patterned off the factory wood grip and having large/x-large hands (10" palm size) would you keep the thickness the same? My grip w/ the factory wood grips could afford some bulk if need be. Unsure how this would affect felt recoil. I'm undecided about the bevel at the bottom. I believe he can adjust that to the shooters liking too. I also have a custom carved holster/belt ordered from www.levergunleather.com in oxblood that will be here in a few months. So it would be nice if they kinda matched. Does anybody have any good pics w/ Elk bone/stag grips on a SS revolver? Thanks for any help!

Chief 101

Hunter
You could try putting some painters tape on your stock grip panels till you find the right thickness, doesn't take much to make a big difference. I would also leave the butt end square as that can always be altered to bevel if need be. Here is some Grasshorn Moose paddle grips on a 30 Carbine, I think he does good work. Chief aka Maxx Load

DSCN0083.jpg

Tankhead

Bearcat
Ya, I can really appreciate the end result now that I can actually hold it. I can't wait to get my carved holster/belt in dyed oxblood from LeverGunLeather to go w/ this. Really is nice to have someplace to go where you can find out about talented people like Patrick.