GP100 tolerance checks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rollcrimp

Bearcat
I'm looking to check tolerances on my GP100 for no reason other than to assure nothing is going bad. It shoots well and the triger is smooth but I have sent some pretty heavy loads down the tube for a long time. It does not feel loose but can you tell without measurements? Is there a go no go set of specs.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
Exactly what parts are you wanting to measure?
I've not heard of any guages like chamber go & no go guages for any parts except the chamber. Then,, most of them are in rifles.

yessir, good info on the
Gun Guides' but as we've mentioned in other posts, it's when things start to "fail"...accuracy, spitting (blow by), misfires (also covers the cylinder moving forward and possibly rubbing agianst the rear of the barrel), failure to lock-up on each chamber,not "throwing by",etc., then you must look into the the causes...........if you are loading "hot ammo", learn to 'read your empty cases, as well as extraction, when you clean the gun, look at the throats (both the cylinders chambers, as well as the forcing cone)....look for cracks and erosion...........I do not recall seeing any "worn out" GP100's...yes,like anything else ,seen misuse, abuse, and wear.............

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Welcome to the forum!

Search out Jim March's "Revolver Checkout" guide that's posted on the net on several forums. Go over your gun like it's a used gun that you're thinking of buying. Check things like end shake, cylinder gap, and lockup. That's really all that matters.

-- Sam

Latest posts