GP100 Talo/Wiley Clapp

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HiCap

Bearcat
I'd like some opinions on this puppy. How would it stack up against the 3" Smith M 65 I own. I had a GP100 3" years ago, but sold it because, at the time, I felt I wouldn't carry it. Today, I would. I do carry the M 65.

HiCap

black029

Single-Sixer
Heavier. Better sights. Possibly better stocks, depending on what yours wear. More durable, for sure.
And is a sort of collector's item. Maybe not the peoples choice for carry, but to each their own.

Bob R

Single-Sixer
The WC GP100 will be a little larger than the 65. Probably a hair heavier also. The sights are great. You can also change the front sight to a Tritium night sight yourself if you decide to. The new design old model grips look very good. Great grip inserts also. Way more durable with heavy loads. Also better grip design for heavy loads.
We had Ron Power do a little work on my brothers. It is running like a Swiss Watch. My brother really likes his.

The Blued version should be out pretty soon. I think it will have a Fiber Optic front sight.

My brother is concealed carrying his in a Lobo Pancake with no problem.

Great Gun.

Bob

9x19

Hunter
The Novak rear is about as homely as it gets for a revolver.

That feature alone prevents me from wanting one.

GKC

Blackhawk
I had one for a short time....really liked it at first, but quickly grew tired of the finish (which wasn't stainless and wasn't blue) on mine, and didn't like the fiber optic sight. Nice grips though. I'd much rather have a regular 3" GP100.

I ended up trading it.

Chris

Blackhawk
I think its overpriced, Give me a 3" and the $$$ you save you can change the sites and still have $$ left over

NorEaster

Blackhawk
Bob R said:
The Blued version should be out pretty soon. I think it will have a Fiber Optic front sight.
Bob

I like that model; but will love it in a blue version. I will need to make sure I try to get one.
When will it be released?

Ashlander

Single-Sixer
I have a 3" 65 and a 3" GP100. I put the old style Ruger grips on it with the wooden inserts and by gosh that is a good looking and good feeling gun in the hand. It is bigger than my 65 whose 3" barrel is actually 2 7/8ths" (forcing cone to front of barrel), and the GP100 cylinder is a bit larger in diameter -- yet they fit in the same holsters, so the difference isn't overwhelming. I love both guns, but the GP100 is totally bada$$ looking. The WC version is nice, but I like mine just fine.

Ken 45LC

Bearcat
I'm a little behind the times, and just saw one today and fell in love with it. But i did a search and didn't find one for sale anywhere. Does anyone know where i could get one at a decent price?

Thanks,
Ken

Chris

Blackhawk
Hey
There are a couple on GB

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=272782754

Or you can google it , The Model number is Ruger 1752, should be a buncch of places, Tombstone tactical had then so did Davidsons.

C

HiCap, nice idea and if you did NOT already have the 3" S&W ,I'd say a toss up, but it is BIGGER, that's why I prefer and would stay with the 'smith'...as for them coming out with a blued one and fiber optic sights???? there goes the concept of concealability??? it ain;t a "target" gun............ :roll:

TRanger

Blackhawk
GKC said:
I had one for a short time....really liked it at first, but quickly grew tired of the finish (which wasn't stainless and wasn't blue).

I thought the gun was made of stainless steel. :?: :?: If it's not stainless and not blue, what the heck is it?

Latest posts