GP100-Talo 6inch -unfluted cylinder model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SHOOTER

Buckeye
Can anyone give me a review and some feedback on their Talo GP100 with the unfluted cylinder? Since Ruger won't make a Super BlackHawk Hunter in 357mag this will have to do !

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Any review of a 6" GP-100 will give you what you are looking for. There isn't any functional difference between the two guns.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/03/31/big-classic-6-ruger-gp-100/

Bob R

Single-Sixer
Not the Talo, but I do have a 6" that I shoot ICORE match's with.
The Talo comes with a nice set of wood grips, and the plain Black front sight from what I can tell. The unfluted cylinder will only be noticed when cleaning. No carbon in the flutes.

I guess you are planning to hunt with it. If planning to shoot double action, I would plan on a trigger job. For single action try the trigger pull first. It may be what you are looking for.
If planning on shooting open sights, I would add a Marble Fiber Optic Front Sight that you can see. I went with Green on my Super RedHawk 480 for a back up that I can see in low light.
My-self I would add a Weigand Combat Scope Base and either an UltraDot MatchDot 30mm, or a high quality scope such as a Leupold or Burris. I just had an older Burris 2-7 die and they replaced it with a brand new 2-7 Plex. I am very impressed with the clarity of it. Much brighter than the early 1990's ones I have.
Grip? The wood may be fine, try it. If you are getting a little more sting than you like, add a set of Hogue "Tamer" grips for an Alaskan SRH.
I have been thinking over another 6" set up as above as a Practice Hunting Revolver. The Talo would make a very nice hunting 357.

Bob

Latest posts