GP100 holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I'm thinking about a chest holster for the GP100. Does anyone here have experience with a chest holster?
I have this one made by Diamond D holsters
20221126_081118.jpg
. It works really well.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have several chest holster rigs. I have a Simply Rugged, a Diamond D, I have a no-name brand one, and I even have one I made myself.
But bar none,, the absolute best rig I've found are my "Barranti Leather" NorthWest Hunter rigs. I have 2 of them. Heavier leather than any of the others, built for serious use, extremely comfortable, even for all day wear in the mountains, and balances superbly.

The Barranti rigs are not cheap,, and you have to order & wait. But it's worth it,, and as the saying goes; "Buy once, cry once."

Mike "Doc" Barranti is revered by many of us. He was appropriately given the nickname "Doc" because of something said long ago by the well known gun writer, Skeeter Skelton. Skeeter often said; Next to my Doctor,, my holster maker is the most important person I know." Skeeter was a very well known & respected lawman, & gun writer. And he knew his stuff. "Doc" Barranti is that important to those of us who USE our holsters.
Top quality isn't cheap, and I'm PROUD to call "Doc" a friend.

That said,, the Simply Rugged & the Diamond D rigs shown are exactly what I have as well. And they work for many uses. It comes down to what your needs are, and how much you'll work your rig.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Some years ago I got one of those RangeMaxx cheapo all-nylon chest rigs from Cabelas. Fits my 6" GP. Was going to use it in Yellowstone, but then discovered 'way too many people are on those trails, and a shoulder rig is oh so visible. So I used a waist pack instead. Meanwhile the chest rig is patiently waiting for its use.

RevolverDen

Bearcat
The Diamond D looks like the most practical if I were to consider a chest holster. I just prefer waist carry and would probably not use a chest holster.

Latest posts