GP100 Grip ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hylander

Single-Sixer
So I am purchasing a new GP100 6" Stainless.
Comes with Hogue finger groove grips, (Don't like) .
Is there any dimensional difference between the Factory Ruger grips with the inserts and Altamont ?

JAREDSHS

Bearcat
can't say, but Altamont makes Ruger's insert grips. I have the compact Ruger with insert grip on my GP . They are smaller than the Hogue ,feel good and shoot great. Makes shooting hot .357's a pleasant experience.

DPris

Buckeye
Partially right.
Altamont makes the wood INSERTS for the rubber/woods that Ruger sells.
Ruger contracts with another firm for the rubber.

Altamont offers their own rubber/woods in FULL-SIZE only.
Ruger offers BOTH full & compact rubber/woods.

There should be no real difference in dimensions between FULL-SIZED rubber/woods from both companies.
Denis

I just upgraded my GP100 factory rubber grips (w/Rosewood panels) to the Altamont rubber grips with snakeskin "checkering". I have them both in hand side-by-side. I can tell you they are dimensionally identical. You can also get the plain rubber grips from Shopruger.com or Chigsgrips.com. Chiqs has great unique, high quality panels. See my recent post. http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=253898

Hylander

Single-Sixer
steveodtw said:
I just upgraded my GP100 factory rubber grips (w/Rosewood panels) to the Altamont rubber grips with snakeskin "checkering". I have them both in hand side-by-side. I can tell you they are dimensionally identical. You can also get the plain rubber grips from Shopruger.com or Chigsgrips.com. Chiqs has great unique, high quality panels. See my recent post. http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=253898

Thanks,
I will check out the factory grips from Ruger.
Unless you want to sell yours cheap.

Bob R

Single-Sixer
The Altamont's are way better looking than the factory version. I have the Snake Skins on my 6" Blued, 3" with Adjustable Sights, as well as my Alaskan. I really like the look.

Bob

I'm going to hang on to my factory grips for now. I'm sure you'll like either option. I never liked the big finger-grip Gumby Hogue grips either. They look like they are for a much bigger hand cannon.

DPris

Buckeye
Those MC grips are also available from Hogue, but without the same Ruger-specced stippling.
More wood choices at Hogue.
Denis