GP100, B-Square rail

Help Support Ruger Forum:

drmajor

Bearcat
I have a relatively new GP100 which I bought a used B-Squared site rail for.

Can someone explain how to install this rail?
I got the front site off, but can't see how the B-Square rail, plate, and Pin go in. It appears that somehow the B-S pin is supposed to replace the GP100 pin, but i don't see how to do that.

Input appreciated.

David
[email protected]

After looking up this picture, I just rembered this is a Weigand mount, not B-Square. Thus and So, I'm posting the pic anyway, although I cannot help you with your problem, sorry.

This mount requires the removal of the rear sight and the revolver must be drilled and tapped, BUT, it is rock solid.
gp100c.jpg

Cary

Single-Sixer
drmajor":278ktdl4 said:
I have a relatively new GP100 which I bought a used B-Squared site rail for.

Can someone explain how to install this rail?
I got the front site off, but can't see how the B-Square rail, plate, and Pin go in. It appears that somehow the B-S pin is supposed to replace the GP100 pin, but i don't see how to do that.

Input appreciated.

David
[email protected]
I mounted that same rail on my 6" GP100 a couple of years ago. You need to remove the small plunger and spring that Ruger uses to retain the front sight. Try using compressed air but you may want to do it in a bag so you don't loose the parts or have them hit you in the face. A good solid blast of air may do it. I can't remember how I did it but I got it done. You then install the pin that B-Square supplies and attach the base to that. The other end of the base is attached to the hole used for the rear sight. The instructions do not tell you to use thread locker on the screws but you will probably have problems if you don't. I had problems and called B-Square for new screws and their tech advised to use some Loctite 222 (used for small parts and is removable). I installed the new screws they sent me and used the small parts thread locker and haven't had a problem with the base moving. One other suggestion is to get a torque wrench that measures in inch/pounds and torques all the screws to 15 inch/pounds. Using the torque wrench is the safe way to get the screws tight but not too tight. I installed a Bushnell 2-6X32 pistol scope on mine.
Cary