GP100 5 inch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SootyGrouse

Bearcat
So my last post was a bad experience with a sp101 Match Champion. I ended up sending it back to Ruger for repair work. It had a canted barrel and an action that occasionally would lock up and not allow the trigger to reset. I sent it back to Ruger and they fixed me up real nice. First time I've ever had to send in a Ruger for service/repair work.

I had ordered that revolver as none were available in town. Lesson learned. I'm now doing what I can to purchase local in person so that I can handle what I plan to buy.

My local gun store had two 5 inch model GP100s to choose from so I snagged what I thought was the nicest of the two. Perfectly aligned barrel, nice action and lockup with a decent trigger. I also really feel like the 5 in barrel hits the sweet spot as far as Good ballistics and nice feel/balance. It compliments my 5in Toklat well, it's all about the 5 inch barrels for me!

I just wanted to share my positive experience with this Ruger. Enjoy the pic!

Oh and I ordered a fiber optic hi vis sight. Hope this GP ends up being a keeper.

I will report back this weekend on how it shoots. Plan to run both 38 and 357 through it!

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Nice gun, great grips, i could be very happy with that outfit, congrats!

SootyGrouse

Bearcat
No I went with the 6 shot. I'm relatively new to reloading and any extra strength I can get I'll gladly take. Not saying the 7 shot is not tuff, it's just relatively new and not as much testing/reporting on it.

The good news is that this GP fits quite well in my diamond d chest holster.

rallye_red

Bearcat
Nice pick up, you won't regret it. I have a 5 inch GP100. Its hands down my favorite gun. Perfect balance & looks, plus very accurate. I just redid mine. Polished the gun, added a Hi Viz front sight, plus Altamont rubber grips with custom wood inserts hand carved/painted by a lady in North Carolina. If I could understand how to post a photo here, I would. But the 5 inch is a great gun! Enjoy it!

jpickar

Blackhawk
Nice gun! In my opinion the 5" barrel on a handgun is the ideal length. I have 5" barreled S&W 629, and a 686. But I have yet to find a 5" GP100. My GP is a 6" half lug version. I really like it a lot.

eveled

Hawkeye
Nice gun. If it's not a snub, it should be at least 5 inch. IMHO.

SootyGrouse

Bearcat
Man, this GP100 shoots great! I put about 100 rounds through it over the weekend and can say that I am very happy with this revolver.

Even ran a cylinder of grizzly 200gr hard cast. Man that stuff is quite stout for 357!

Love Rugers!

btmonnat

Single-Sixer
I just bought the 6" but would have got the 5" if I could have found it. Gallery of guns I thought was an exclusive place to get one and I thought they were showing out of stock. Guess I did not search hard enough. Congrats on your find.