Help Support Ruger Forum:

MadBadger

Bearcat
Bowen Classic Arms

Caliber conversion
V-notch rear
Tritium dot front
BP style cylinder chamfer
Cylinder endfloat, headspace & timing (it was originally a 7 shot so a new 6 shot cylinder was required)
Action / Trigger tune

Had hoped for a lanyard ring, but the SN is in the way.

I put Craig Spegel's on it prior to the conversion. Lobo Gunleather was added later as well.

Press On, Regardless.

MadBadger[/quote]

MadBadger

Bearcat
Sure did, arrived yesterday.

Plan to start putting it to work tomorrow.

I stumbled across my .38/.357 Rolling Block pistol that I bought years ago - I should send it off to be bored to .41 Special. That would be a fun rig!

Funny, other than a couple .38 Spl S&W's that my kids and I shoot regularly in the summer (to see who has to do chores), I think all my other .357's are destined sooner or later to be converted to .41 Special.

MadBadger

dixie884

Blackhawk
Sugar River, Please post pics, and all of the details when it is done. I think this will be a real neat piece. David did my 686, and you won't be dissapointed with his work. It will be worth the wait, and the money.

dougader

Hunter
I'd love to see that GP100 as well.

I love the 41 Special Mt Gun treatment done up on the 686 that Mad Badger posted above. Very nice.

Denny

Single-Sixer
For a 41 special I think the smaller frame is the way to go if you use an N frame just get a 41 magnum and down load it. I have a 686 44 special I really like I had the barrel and cylinder from a 686 swapped out when you could get parts from Brownells. I ahve thought about a 686 in 40S&W

Sugar River

Buckeye
Well, it finally got here. And I'm happier than a puppy with 2 peckers!
She started out as a plain vanilla KGP-141. Dave made the barrel a half shroud and bead blasted everything. He made a nice tall front sight too.

Here it is next to the same model in original dress.

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

Pete

stantheman86

Buckeye
Very nice gun, I assume that's a "handloader's special" since .41 Special is pretty much dead as a factory round.

Someday I would like to get a .41 Magnum Redhawk, just to have one.