GP100 327

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rim Fire

Bearcat
Can you tell when or if the new GP100 327 Fed (Model1748) will be available. If it already is what do you think of it. Im thinking of buying one.
Thank You

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
There was one in Dallas this weekend in the Ruger Booth at the Dallas Safari Club show. It is 8 shot!! Also, a stainless Blackhawk with an 8 shot cylinder. Looks kind of odd; shades of Iver Johnson!!
Have no idea when they will be available.

Flash

Buckeye
Davidson's has a spot for both the BH and the GP in their web site but zero available. My guess is a few weeks yet.

epj

Bearcat
Any particular reason Ruger doesn't offer the GP in a 7 shot .357? Cylinder diameter is very close to the S&W 686 and they don't have any problem boring 7 holes in the cylinder.

They just haven't done it before, is all.

Perhaps this will "break the ice" and a .357 version will be forthcoming in the future.

"New" things are afoot at Ruger these days.

:)

Calthrop

Single-Sixer
I am not a luddite.
I am not particularly against small bore high pressure ammo in guns that can handle lt. like the .327/KGP100.
WhatI could hve used is a round in my KGP331 like a factory [best] 10mm/,40S&W[better] .45ACP or[acceptable] .44 Special. However I will not because that ammo is in common usage and is less likely to affect Federal's bottom sales line in the near quarters after the release of the new gun.

This gun is a significant departure and innovation on the part of Ruger and may play to our needs in the future.
However the skeptic in me sees it as a placation; a
deal with Federal for a round, in the long run, we may not need.

There are rumors military is looking to replace the 55gr NATO Standard .223[ Special forces use 70gr because it hits harder from short barrels]. To get a intermediate round that shoots just a bit farther than the 7.62x39. It may take a bunch of .327's to do the job.

As I said I'm not against it. I have not tried it. I'm not hitting the bait at the first cast either. I might loose out on a limited run collectors item. who knows? Calthrop

Latest posts