Gp100-22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dingode

Single-Sixer
I got around to cleaning mine today and measuring the BC gap. Numerous chambers at .008 some at .007 and the remainder at .006 IMHO this is too big. This gun splatters me much more than my original and it gets MUCH dirtier. The gap is also .001 wider on the LH side than the right, meaning those numbers that I got are really .001 bigger, so a .009 max gap. I'm going to contact Ruger next week and send it back to be worked on again.

My gun's hammer also has the heavy burr at the sear notch exactly like the pictures in the post above. I'm going to make sure they clean that up too. If they end up replacing the cylinder I'm also going to make sure they clean up any burrs on the extractor star.

I'm keeping the gun, but I'm far from impressed with Ruger quality. I knew going in that quality has slipped, but this is ridiculous.

The final owner of this gun that I originally bought new, continues to have issues.

Ruger has agreed to replace this revolver. I hope they spend whatever time is necessary to make sure he gets a good one.

ilikerams

Single-Sixer
WAYNO, in the picture you posted of your original cylinder it appears that each of the chambers has a ding at the top of it, sorta like what happens if it's dry fired a lot. Did that come from the factory also, or did it happen later?

ilikerams said:
WAYNO, in the picture you posted of your original cylinder it appears that each of the chambers has a ding at the top of it, sorta like what happens if it's dry fired a lot. Did that come from the factory also, or did it happen later?

Came that way. I never dry fired it.

dingode

Single-Sixer
I sent mine back in the spring to have them work on the BC gap and they ended up replacing the cylinder/crane/ hammer and a few other parts. Everything is now as it should be as far as tolerances go, but I'm worried a new issue has popped up.

Maybe it's just the big ugly green fiber optic dot front site, but I think the accuracy has dropped way off after the repairs. I had a red dot on it and took it off when I sent it in. I need to put it back on and see how it does. If my suspicion is confirmed and the accuracy was affected I think I'll be trading it off and looking for an S&W 617.

Latest posts