GP pinned front sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tascofeldman

Bearcat
I'm wanting to go to a night sight for the front on my older GP. It has a pinned on front sight with frame notch rear (insert proper term). What or where can I find one? I've got XS big dots on a couple of others and really like them but am not ruling out what might work. A little help here please!!

roylt

Hunter
Your GP is called a fixed sight model. Any sight company should have several choices. If you like a big dot go with that. Simply drive pin out and sight should pop free. Install new sight and cross drill for pin.

I'm guessing 50 bucks and your set.

tascofeldman

Bearcat
I've checked directly with XS, Tru-Glo and Trijicon. None make sights for this gun. There are models offered for S&W, wonder if those could b modified.

Thel

Blackhawk
From another board a employee of XS recommended:

" You will need either a 10-2046P-230-4 (Standard Dot tritium) or a 10-2046P-255-3 (Big Dot Tritium) front sight."

I think they may be for a S&W.

REB

Single-Sixer
One Option
https://www.geminicustoms.com/products-page/small-wonder-gp100-sight-fiber-optic-14k-gold-bead/

roylt

Hunter
I don't have a fix sight GP so not sure how tall it is but I think Trijicon has dimentions shown on their website. If memory serves the P89 is very similar to the GP fixed front. Maybe totally wrong for height though.

I would measure your sight and compare to what is listed on Trijicons web. Another option would be to call Ruger. They offer sights provided by trijicon for a wide array of guns. Ruger might be able to sell you the perfect item. Ruger typically charges a bit more but that is expected with any middle man type sale.

Good luck,

Thel

Blackhawk
The front sight on a GP fixed sight gun should be 0.185" high. Just as a reference the front sight on a fixed sight SP is 0.155" high so it would not work. The sight XS recommends for the SP is for a S&W J frame so it is likely the S&W sight recommended for the GP works. A search of the "other Ruger board" will find some GP owners with XS sights on their fixed sight guns.