GP 100 Trigger Pull

Help Support Ruger Forum:

winn0040

Bearcat
I did a complete breakdown on my relatively new GP 100 last night and upon reassembly noticed that the trigger pull seemed to be harder than it was when I first got the gun. After inspecting things over to make sure everything was back together properly it looks like the plunger for the trigger assembly no longer sticks out quite as far. Does this mean perhaps the spring within the trigger may be more compressed leading to what I feel is a tougher pull in double action. You'll have to forgive me if I sound like an idiot, as handguns are still relatively new to me. Thanks in advance!

winn0040

Bearcat
56-210":3gkfi8sx said:
I would disassemble it and do a do over...Sound as if its hung up a bit...

Mark

I did try this and each time it seemed like the plunger just doesn't protrude back into the frame as far as it did from the factory. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

56-210

Bearcat
winn0040":1wrscqzh said:
56-210":1wrscqzh said:
I would disassemble it and do a do over...Sound as if its hung up a bit...

Mark

I did try this and each time it seemed like the plunger just doesn't protrude back into the frame as far as it did from the factory. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

My then new GP had the hardest time depressing that plunger the first time and got progressively easier with each take down...If you don't have the transfer bar right the T-group wont go back in...Hows the trigger "out" of the frame and plunger movement?

Mark