GP 100 Stainless 327 Federal availability

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cowboy77845

Bearcat
How difficult are these to find? I looked on the net in order to put a current value on mine. New unfired, recall done. Put some elk antler inserts in grip. It sure does spiff this pistol up. Seems like a handy piece to have I sure like the fit and feel.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Like all 327 guns no clear cut answer because , like you said , not many being bought and sold.
Not a common gun but not rare. Not common because sales were low so they did not make any more. Suffers some from not many looking for one either as it is a large gun for the caliber.
Barrel length will determine value and many prefer the half lug Lippsey's.
Does not sound like I like them but I do and have a 4inch. They are a great way to wring out the most from the 327while staying in a DA.
If presented with a chance for a 6 incher at a non inflated price locally I would be all over it but not jump thru hoops to get one.
So value ? I guess it depends on if you find someone LOOKING for one.

cowboy77845

Bearcat
recumbent said:
What was the recall?
Do not remember. Have had the revolver over 10 years and I think it never left the store before the recall. Seems like on some of the revolvers each chamber did not align properly with the bore. Mine came back good so I did not pursue the problem. Had RangerPoint Precision make me up a rifle using a Marlin 32-20 as a platform. Shortly there after Henry introduced their rifle in 327. But quality wise I think the Henry does not compare. Ranger Point quit making the the 327s out of 32-20 soon after. So far I have not shot either rifle or revolver but I have them.