GP-100 sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dbuffington1

Bearcat
Can someone tell me who makes the best high viz sights for the GP-100. Also i saw where PATRIOT GUN METAL POLISHING does high quality work on polishing and was wondering if anyone has used them recently. And about how much it would be to polish the GP-100. Newbee to the forum so bear with me guys. I own a bunch of S&W but this is my first RUGER and proud of her to say the least. She is built solid. I'll half to get the MATCH CHAMPION to go along with it. I ordered some altamonts grips with pearl inserts this evening, Also just purchased a CZ-75-B in 9mm high polish 18 plus 1 mag. But the Match Champion will be next on my list

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
I only have one GP-100,,, and it is the Match Champion one. THat one comes with a fiber optic front sight that I really enjoy.
But,,,have you looked at the company,,,, HiViz for fiber optic sights for your GP-100?

glockman99

Single-Sixer
I have the Meprolight Tru-Dot night sights on my GP100, and I LOVE those sights, as they are very quick and easy to use....Day or night.

Srb08

Single-Sixer
I put Williams fire sights on mine. They're good but there's a tiny bit of horizontal slop in the rear sight.

If you want a bright finish on your gun. Get a bottle of Flitz metal polish and some soft rags. All it takes is a little time and not much effort.
I did a 6" S&W 686 in about four hours total, over a week, while watching TV.

hittman

Staff member
If you ever decide to sell that polished GP keep in mind some folks will pass because the factory finish has been removed.

Like with anything we customize .... the market gets limited.

Welcome to the Forum.

roylt

Hunter
hittman said:
If you ever decide to sell that polished GP keep in mind some folks will pass because the factory finish has been removed.

Like with anything we customize .... the market gets limited.

Welcome to the Forum.

I have a factory high polish that I feel is worth more than a standard GP.

Polish it if you want. You can always dull it back down.

Srb08

Single-Sixer
G. Freeman said:
Dawson Precision makes them too and their sights are machined perfectly. By the time I found out, I already purchased my hiviz though.

I didn't see any GP100 FO sights on the Dawson Precision website.
Did I miss something?

glockman99

Single-Sixer
Srb08 said:
G. Freeman said:
Dawson Precision makes them too and their sights are machined perfectly. By the time I found out, I already purchased my hiviz though.

I didn't see any GP100 FO sights on the Dawson Precision website.
Did I miss something?

They only have the front GP100 FO sight...

https://dawsonprecision.com/ruger-gp100-revolver-fiber-optic-front-sights/

Dr.w

Bearcat
Dont know who makes them but my Gp came with a green fiber optic looking front.