GP-100 model KGP-141RLS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wilddog

Bearcat
Greetings All,

Long time lurker.

I have a few Rugers - a pair of New Vaqueros and a SP 101 - 3".
I shoot CAS most of the time.

Glad to be here.

I've been looking for a GP-100 for a while now and just picked one up today.

I have never seen this model before and can't find any information about it. Model # 01746.

It has a bobbed hammer, the "old" grips - with wood inserts and a 4" barrel. Test fired 6/24/2009

The trigger is much smoother than my SP. I think I'm going to like it.

Does any one have any information on this model?

Thanks

Wayne
ruger1.jpg

rugerbox.jpg

wildturk

Single-Sixer
Is it a DAO? The only reason I ask is because of the spurless hammer. Most of the DAO's I've seen don't have the full lug barrel. The hammer is an easy swap if it is DAO and you prefer a SA/DA.

chet15

Hawkeye
That's the first I've heard of that one. Sounds like a special distributor model to me (maybe).
The "RLS" abbreviation in the catalog number has me a little bewildered. The "L" was Ruger's designation for bobbed hammer on the SP101, but I have no idea what the "R" and "S" stand for.
Please send a PM of the serial number so I can get this noted in the Reference of Ruger Firearms. I imagine future generations picking one of these up will be wondering what the heck it is.
Chet15

Wilddog

Bearcat
Wildturk - yes it is DAO - can not manually half cock it.

I did find it on Lispsey website:

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.a...pe=Revolver&caliber=357+Magnum+|+38+Special

No it does not appear to be an import or special run but a new model?
The instruction manual does not have a part number for the bobbed hammer. (same manual as on Rugers site)

Gunshop said they just got it in along with some new vaqueros (all blue)
which I was looking at. But, since GP's go pretty fast around here, I bought this one instead.

Thanks

Wayne

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Ive seen quite a few of those. Years back they were Canadian police contracts. Many came back with cai engraved on them for Century Arms international. Maybe they still make up a few?

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
Two years ago one sat on Gunbroker for a good while. Price kept getting lowered.
Something just seemed "off" in that I had never seen a Ruger quite like that. When I consulted Chad's book ( thanks again sir) it appeared on page 298
of his book. Said Lipsey received only 160 of them. Paid $385 for it.
Serial # 175-7242$.

Mine appears unfired
Flatbush

Latest posts