GP-100 in .38 Special only.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
I have an itch for a .38 only GP and wondering what styles they've been made in. I can find currently a few 3" adjustable sight versions in stainless, what else is lurking out there? I think a 4" blued, adjustable sight model would be what I'd like. As always pictures of members guns would be great, Thanks.

hittman

Staff member
I once owned a 3 inch stainless with adjustable sites that was in 38.

Also think there was a 4 inch blued issued with the compact grips. Those guns may have gone to some law enforcement in Canada and then imported back.

1SG Ret

Bearcat
I have a 4" fixed sight(.38 special only) full lug model, bought new in 2012. It came with the Hogue grips, but I replaced them with the compact grips. Model number is GPF-841.

I have a 4" fixed sight stainless .38 Spl. Jeep that I got years ago. Was told that US Customs ('way before it was the so very, very cool acronym) bought some from Ruger but returned them to adopt semiautos. I bought the gun, not the story. Nice piece.

Neezer

Bearcat
They may not have made exactly what u r asking about. Many of the 4 inch .38's were like that, but I believe they all had fixed sights. I do know Ruger made a 4 inch .38 special adjustable sites with modern hogue finger groove grips, but it was stainless. I believe it is model 1750

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
Looks like everything but the model I had in mind. Seems to be the story of my life when wanting a new gun. Net searches show a 4" stainless with adjustables, a 3" stainless with adjustables and a 4" blued with fixed sights.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
Looks like a 4" stainless with adjustable sights has been made, so that's what I'll be hunting for. Any leads would be welcome.

KGP-141 Stainless, .357 mag, 4", full lug, adj sights Model 1705

GP-841 Blued, .38 spl, 4", full lug, adj sights Model 1713

Cannot find any 4" adjustable sights, stainless in .38 Spl. The 1705 is very common and you can load it/shoot it with .38's

wolfee

Blackhawk
Bought one in Feb 2012. Blued, full lug, fixed. Davidson's received a boatload of these and ran them at a very deep discount. I paid $386 out the door, including 8-1/2% sales tax. The more knowledgeable here among us surmised this was a police or military overrun offered to the trade as a closeout. I'm with you, if I could find this gun with adj sights I would buy it. Wouldn't trade away the fixed sight gun though.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
So I caved and bought a 3" adjustable sighted GP in .38Spl, I wasn't willing to let it get away while waiting for a 4". Nothing says I can't still be looking for the 4".