GP 100 grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

opos

Buckeye
I have a 4" SS GP100 with the older rosewood inserted grips..I really like it but have a small problem...I'm an older guy with some arthritis in my hand and when I shoot 357 in it my hand tires and gets pretty sore. I want to keep the original grips as I really like them but wondered about either Hogue or Pachmyar grips as a change out for days when I'm going to shoot the 357 and not 38 specials...Like to make the bigger bang from time to time. I think Packmyar makes something called decellerator grips...any pros or cons on either manufacturer's grips?
thanks

GP100man

Buckeye
opos

I`ve worked on machinery of some sort & 18 yrs at dealerships & my hands hurt also!!

I`ve tried different grips on my GPs & Redhawk but always put the factory 1s back on .

If i shoot the 44 much i hit the Aleeve & use a shootin glove& i can make it thru 50 rnds.

The GP factory grip (insert grip) does as good a job or better at eatin up recoil compared to any ive tried !

The new GP Hogue is just to stiky for me & any recoil absorbin it does it seems to transfer thru beeing stuck to my hand, in short i don`t like it!

batmann

Single-Sixer
I changed out my Alaskan from the Hogue's that came on it for the original with inserts, that said, go to the Ruger online store and get a set of Hogue's that come on the Super Redhawks. I think "Tamer' is what you are looking for. They are cushioned with a recoil absorbing material and will take the hurt out of shooting.
FYI, the grips for the Super RH and the GP 100 are the same.

Merlinspop

Bearcat
Oops - you can probably get the hogues that come on new GPs. That's what I have and they seem to be just the ticket.

Good luck!