GP-100 Barrel Change Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

joper061087

Bearcat
I am interested in possibly changing the barrel on my GP-100 from a 6" barrel to a 4" barrel. I have never heard this talked about in this forum. Is this common? If this is possible, how much would the cost be to get a 4" barrel from Ruger? And how much would it typically cost for a gunsmith to make this change?

Thanks.

e3mrk

Bearcat
If Your lucky enough to find a replacement Barrel then a Gunsmith can do the Job.
Most likely You will need to send it to Ruger to have it done.
I am going to have the same thing done to My GP-100.
It is My understanding that Ruger will not sell a Barrel to a Private individual but I may be wrong,Your best bet is to call Ruger for the info.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Calthrop":2f2alh2e said:
I will sell both of you used stainless four inch guns for much less than it will cost to get the barrels swopped out. Calthrop

Right !!! Definitely the way to go. Sell the 6 incher, buy the 4 incher.

REV

Calthrop

Single-Sixer
That was not the point I was making. The GP-100 is a mid priced revolver. The owner can devalue it or make it not work by abuse. Or he can make small changes to increase its performance. IMVHO it would be cheaper to save the money and time associated with swopping out the barrel to purchase a new gun,even a fixer uper.

Then you would have two like guns using the same type of ammp for overlapping purposes. Calthrop

revhigh

Hawkeye
My point was that the OP was going to end up with ONE GUN, with the barrel he wanted currently, which is 4 inch. Since he didn't seem to want the 6 incher, he most likely wouldn't want to keep it as part of a two gun set.

REV

Latest posts