Govt. Model Mini 14?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
I found a Govt. model yesterday, with a 18.5in stainless barrel... I forgot to check if there was a bayonet lug. :oops:

It was priced at $600, can anyone please tell me if that's a good price??

It was used in a prison, and I'm always a little leery of guns like this because they don't belong to the users and they may abuse them because of this (and how many practice rounds did it see?!).

Also, are the barrels on these Mini's and to they have a bayonet lug?

Thanks ina advance to anyone who can help me out!!

I think all govment models had bayonet lugs.... but then if this one doesn't... I would not be too upset. The day you need to use your mini as a pokey stick... is a really bad day.

As a govment model with the flash suppressor I think it has to have the bayonet lug because that is part of the front sight which is just in front of the gas block.

I'd suspect the abuse a prison mini would get is just too much sitting around and banging against the stair rails as it is carried up to the tower.

Nice price for a used mini, if you got the money and want to spend it, I think I would. I prefer the stainless ones.

chet15

Hawkeye
Govt models being built today do not have bayonet lugs. This may be something that was dropped before the old style mini was discontinued (187- prefix and earlier).
The same goes for factory guns built today with flash suppressors (no bayonet lugs)
Chet15