Goverment Target Model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mr Zip

Bearcat
I have a chance to pickup a Gov Target Mark II. ( non US) Is there anything special about this model other than the inscription on the reciver??? I shot the gun last weekend and it holds a nice group at 25yds off a bag. Your input would be appreciated.
I was lurking last night very informative form. Thanks

mike7mm08

Buckeye
It is the same version as what is supplied to the government. Basically a little more attention to detail is put into the pistol. There is also an accuracy requirement the pistols must meet. I don't recall exactly that it is though. I have a government model and love it. It is extremely accurate and a joy to shoot. And welcome to the forum.

Mr Zip

Bearcat
Sakoluvr":379vunrd said:
I would grab it if the price was fair.
The gun is very clean, looking at the muzzle it appears that it has been fired very little. Price is $385, I am sure that is top dollar but thats what it takes to get it.

Sakoluvr

Single-Sixer
I am not sure what is meant by "clean", but if it is 98% you should probably grab it. They are hard to find for less, unless you are lucky and willing to keep searching. If it has a box, that is even better. Hey, you even got to test drive it. That is a bonus right there!

Mr Zip

Bearcat
Sakoluvr":14vjz4jt said:
I am not sure what is meant by "clean", but if it is 98% you should probably grab it. They are hard to find for less, unless you are lucky and willing to keep searching. If it has a box, that is even better. Hey, you even got to test drive it. That is a bonus right there!
By clean I meant bluing is good, has a few minnor handling marks. I guess clean is not the best word to use.

Spike66

Bearcat
I have a MKII 678G and would pay $385 to replace it without a thought for a 95+% gun.

- Spike