Gotta go across the Mississippi

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Can't weasel out of this business meeting. One of the IL residents please give me a reminder of how I need to handle my CCW pistol on the east side.
I used to get by with gun in a locked storage box cabled to the seat support and the magazine in the console. Still OK?

Ranger

Single-Sixer
Magazine 15 or less rounds. Frankly, the danger depends greatly upon location. Some places aren't even worth the risk. I have an Illinois CCW permit; but get nervous in certain areas. Rest areas. Parks. Mass transit. Govt bldgs. Anything around Chicago.

hittman

Staff member
Honestly ….. a NON Illinois resident without an IL CCW permit. Leave the gun at home or in your trunk unloaded with ammo in a separate container. Sorry. Not worth the risk.

IL honors NO other states. Out of state residents CAN get an IL permit but few are willing to spend the time in required training or the money.

Maybe this seems an over the top reaction BUT after hearing that more of our agency meetings will be 'across the river', I've decided to end my employment later this year. This isn't the only reason but it's on the list.
A much bigger reason is the continuing discrimination against hearing impaired employees like myself. That's an entirely different story I don't want to begin at this time.

Ranger

Single-Sixer
East St Louis is a bad area. About 30 years ago, a friend and I went to st louis for something, decided to stop on way back for dinner, took wrong exit and wound up in a real bad area. Stopped for directions, got out, heard gunshots, got back in, and found our way out of there. A person I knew had an office there had a bullet hole in his wall where guy came in and shot at his receptionist. His replacement told me about going in to work early one morning only to find a dead body in the street in front of her office.