got to handle an lcr today...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

redeux

Bearcat
funky , but impressive ...
the action was smooth , the gun balanced well , the only downside was the crappy lasergrips...
if i was in the market for a snubby i would defiantly buy one over any of the s*** that S&W and Taurus are selling...
i think they have a winner...

nn

Single-Sixer
It is a good gun, speed loaders are a little tricky; however, speedstrips/quickstrips work as well as with any revolver.

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
I bought one and love it. My only down side is the holsters. They keep saying that itwill fit in any "J" frame holster. NOT!!!

I am still looking for a holster to fit. You see the trigger guard is much loarger the the "J" frame. I wish everyone would stop telling every else that the "J" frame holster fit.

GilaMonster

Bearcat
Rafsob":2wtfpvp2 said:
I am still looking for a holster to fit. You see the trigger guard is much loarger the the "J" frame. I wish everyone would stop telling every else that the "J" frame holster fit.

Try holsters made for the SP101. The trigger guard is fine... the LCR barrel is just a little shorter than the shortest SP, so the holster is a bit deeper than needed.

At my LGS, I found a 2" SP101 pancake holster, all leather, made by an outfit in CA -- JKS, I think. They only sell thru dealers, so you won't find them online.

Also, Simply Rugged makes a pancake specifically for the LCR...

gobe

Bearcat
I bought a Silver Dollar Pancake for my SP-101 a few years ago and just recently sent it back to Rob at Simply Rugged to have the Inside/Out Straps attached , so I could use it IWB. Works great in all configurations, but I just wanted to pass on the my S&W 442 J-frame fits perfectly in it, too. so I'm sure the LCR will also.

CW4USARET

Bearcat
I picked up my lcr yesterday, I noticed a rattle when the gun was turned sideways. Is this normal? I think the noise is coming from the trigger assembly.

jrf

pvq

Bearcat
The rattle is totally normal....its the transfer bar....all revolvers with a transfer bar safety system rattle. I think its just more noticeable in the lcr because of the materials

keano

Bearcat
I just bought a LCR. haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Most people won't touch one because they swear it 'll be recalled

Latest posts