Blackhawk
IMG_45611280x768.jpg

IMG_45631280x768.jpg

IMG_45671280x768.jpg

:D

Will probably get it to the range this weekend if I can wait that long. :p

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
I was in a Sportsmans Warehouse in Phx this week and asked the clerk about the SR9C. Don't have but he put one of these 3.8s in my hand. Well OK but not really the same thing.. :roll: They look a a bit out of proportion with the long grip and short barrel but it felt pretty good and pointed well. I notice you can actually see the trigger mech working in the space between the slide and frame. Completely different than the SR9/Glock mech, the XD fully cocks the striker spring when you rack and the trigger tab moves straight down releasing the striker tab. More of a SA, fully cocked.

Hope you got a good one Conrad.

Wait, do you have to worry about that with XDs? :wink:

ConradM

Blackhawk
Good observation... It is a SAO which is what drew me to it. Heading to the range in a minute to try this puppy out.

revhigh

Hawkeye
I still don't get the front slide serrations and the even stupider rail ... is this thing not for concealed carry ???? It sucks how the makers of all these tacticool pistols have forgotten what the hell their purpose is. THey just continue to junk up their guns because they think that gives them a marketing edge (or lack of one).

I wouldn't buy one JUST BECAUSE of that ... I don't mean THIS gun, I mean ANY of them. If anything, CCW pistols should be MELTED and smooth, not have all these dumb slots, slide serrations, and other crap to catch things on. Especially bad is the stupid slots WITHIN the even stupider rail ... that makes it even worse. :D

Other than that ... it's beautiful ...

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
This is a carry pistol .... note clean melted look and lack of snaggable features .... not braggng about Glocks, just showing design wise the way a carry pistol should be ... IMO only, of course ... :D

IMG_0251.jpg

REV

Mike J

Hunter
The thing I'm studying is what is the deal with the 3.8. Is the only difference between it & the earlier XDm barrel length? I think they were originally 4.5". I guess the reason I don't get it is I wouldn't think 7/10's of an inch length would be that big of a deal carrying concealed. The hard thing to hide is the grip & the thickness of the slide. I'm not criticizing. I'm just trying to figure out what the point is.
Sometimes I think these companies reinvent the wheel trying to come up with something new to get people to buy. Kinda like the redundant rifle calibers ammunition companies come up with.
It really does look like a nice pistol Conrad I'm not knocking it just trying to figure out the reasoning behind the new model. I guess I'm lagging behind with my old XD-40 service.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Mike J":2tspbpvk said:
I'm not knocking it just trying to figure out the reasoning behind the new model.

Me neither ... I think it's a great looking gun also ... I just wish that these companies would stop already with the 'more crap is better' concept when it comes to guns.

I hate all the 1911's with the ambi safeties, extended slide releases, front slide serrations, checkering on the front strap, back strap, under the trigger guard, in front of the trigger guard, extended beavertails, hollowed out hammers, triggers that look like they've had bites taken out of them, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

It's like ... lets take a really nice gun, and just totally junk it up with every piece of crap we can bolt onto it, or scratch into it .... what is up with that ??

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ":3rc03fln said:
revhigh":3rc03fln said:
It's like ... lets take a really nice gun, and just totally junk it up with every piece of crap we can bolt onto it, or scratch into it .... what is up with that ??

REV

Marketing.

I have a different word for it ... starts with bull.

REV

G XXII

Bearcat
revhigh said:
This is a carry pistol .... note clean melted look and lack of snaggable features .... not braggng about Glocks, just showing design wise the way a carry pistol should be ... IMO only, of course ... :D

IMG_0251.jpg

REV[/quote
+1

ConradM

Blackhawk
So I put a little less than 200 rds through the XDm last night... Would have done more but I was tired :p No failures of any kind. One thing that was pissing me off, the slide would not lock after the last round a few different times... I couldn't figure it out. Turns out the slide stop is right where I put my right thumb. :oops: So I have to practice hanging my thumb of a little. :lol:

Recoil is manageable, but it recoils a bit more than the SR9. I guess this would be due to the higher bore-axis? Even still, double-taps were easier because of the lighter trigger. The reach to the trigger is shorter than the SR9 surprisingly...

Anyway, I put 5 rounds in @ 7 yards, 10 yards and 15 yards. In retrospect I probably should have taken my time but this was all in one go.

IMG_45701280x768.jpg

You can see @ 15 yards I'm all over the place..

Direct comparo to the SR9..

IMG_45691280x768.jpg

The XDm is a little tighter... The big difference is I have to aim the SR9 to the right because it breaks to the left. It's a trigger issue and I can't seem to correct it. I think it's the over travel.

I need to head back this weekend when I'm rested :D Oh and disregard the back strap thats hanging off... I was trying out the different sizes and you can't just push the pin in like on the SR9.

Mike J

Hunter
Looks good Conrad. Have you tried changing which part of your finger you use to pull the trigger on the SR-9?

ConradM

Blackhawk
Mike J":2bzczsxc said:
Looks good Conrad. Have you tried changing which part of your finger you use to pull the trigger on the SR-9?

I've been trying to work around it for a long time... It did fine with my old cut spring... but with a stock spring I can't keep it pointing straight.

Mike J

Hunter
Sorry about that Conrad. Looks like the new acquisition should work out well for you.