Got My New SR9C Today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
To late to fire it today but DANG-
The trigger feels SO much better than my SR9 dry firing :?:
I'm planing on shooting the snot out of it tomorrow so we'll see 8)

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Well, I know you've been soaking up everything you could read about this gun, so I wish you well with your new toy. I kinda like mine.
Sonnyto

LexRex

Bearcat
Enjoy it. I love mine, even with the 17 rd. problem, which I don't really care about because I'll be carrying 10 with a 10 spare.

Let us know how it breaks in. I've had no stoppages in mine in several hundred rounds.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
Appreciate it guys-
Just put a quick 50rds thru it with ZERO hiccups 8)
The trigger is better than my full size SR so i think i'll leave it alone, the wife is happy & comphy with it so why rock the boat?
I did NOT even try the 17rd mag because its now my wifes HP & car gun & she'll only use the 10rd -
BTW- most likely been discussed but wheres the best place to buy anouther 10rd mag WITH the "pinky extention"?

6.jpg

2dogs

Bearcat
Keep us posted on how the SR9c evolves how you like it And how your wife likes it.
50 rnds so far , , , hope it continues to be hic-up free.
I got my SR9c when my friend picked his up 10 days ago.
I haven't had a chance to fire mine yet.
So far he has 100 rnds through his with 3 failures to fire from light primer strikes? with Win WB ammo the second time through they fired.
The only problem was the loaded chamber indicator snapped off after about 20 rnds.
Ruger is sending out a new one with pin and spring at no charge.
Oh, Ruger has 10round mags available for $46 (ouch!)
I'm hoping to find 'em cheaper somewhere.....
any body have any suggestions ? ? ?

jhearne

Buckeye
Currently with as new a gun as this is (still) I'd say the best bet for new mags (with extension) is through Ruger. Midway carries only the standard short mags for the 9c, no extensions. Ruger sells them but in pairs I believe....I don't know what I remember them costing (with shipping either) to compare your options :\.

Good Luck hunting mags

Josh

LexRex

Bearcat
jhearne":38k02kaa said:
Currently with as new a gun as this is (still) I'd say the best bet for new mags (with extension) is through Ruger. Midway carries only the standard short mags for the 9c, no extensions. Ruger sells them but in pairs I believe....I don't know what I remember them costing (with shipping either) to compare your options :\.

Good Luck hunting mags

Josh

Midway wants $40 for the 10 rd. mag and Ruger wants $8 for the extensions. I didn't realize they came in pairs, more reasonable I guess.

jhearne

Buckeye
I think they come in pairs, I'd call and check first though.

Josh

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
jhearne":2vimyvjk said:
I think they come in pairs, I'd call and check first though.

Josh

Ordered extention(s) yesterday from Ruger for $8 +shipping - Thought i was buying one :?: Be real happy if its a pair 8)
Also bought a Ruger mousepad because they have a $10 minimum order :shock:
Did'nt want a $42 mag tho- Cabelas has 10rd for i think $29 but on thinking i'm not sure if they are for the SR9C or just a SR9 10rd for Califorina people & the like :?: :?:
Midway has them for $39

CDR-USN

Bearcat
TexasGunner,
Your 9c looks very nice up against your SR-9. We have the same pair in our home and like them both very much. 1200 rounds thur the SR-9C with not one jam and that is with a lot of different ammo types. Enjoy :)
CDR USN RET

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
CDR-USN":17uo7tzd said:
TexasGunner,
Your 9c looks very nice up against your SR-9. We have the same pair in our home and like them both very much. 1200 rounds thur the SR-9C with not one jam and that is with a lot of different ammo types. Enjoy :)
CDR USN RET

Thank you- I can't tell you how many different handguns (simi & wheelguns) that i've went thru trying to find the "perfect" one for my wife :roll: Wish i had just bought a SR9 sooner & let her shoot it & my search would have been over --- She now has her MINI SR9 :D

jhearne

Buckeye
It is just one guys. You ha to order 2 because of the $10 minimum order...plus shipping so it almost ends up being $20.

Josh

michael hacker

Bearcat
I just got mine yesterday and have already put about 500 rounds through it with out a glitch. And wow, you are so right, the new trigger connecter on the compact is smooth and light. I am so used to my full size SR that I even let a round fly accidentally, due to the light pull... good thing it was during a series down range. It felt almost like a single action revolver trigger, light as a feather. The gun is WAY more fun to shoot than most compacts I have tried, light recoil, solid snappy slide action, great mag selection. I love it, will carry this and keep the full size SR as a range gun etc. Only one complaint... the slide release is way tight, I have to pull the slide back just a tad and let it fly to load the chamber. A little filling and polishing, that will become a non-issue. Great gun, and the black stainless is a sweet, dark gray satin finish. If others are like mine, this gun should become a preferred compact carry pistol... kudos Ruger, nice job.

-Michael
www.michaelhacker.com

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
the slide release is way tight, I have to pull the slide back just a tad and let it fly to load the chamber.

Yes, that & the mag release are tight :roll:
I think time & shooting will cure both -

CBennett

Single-Sixer
michael hacker":1qunk3j3 said:
I just got mine yesterday and have already put about 500 rounds through it with out a glitch. And wow, you are so right, the new trigger connecter on the compact is smooth and light. I am so used to my full size SR that I even let a round fly accidentally, due to the light pull... good thing it was during a series down range. It felt almost like a single action revolver trigger, light as a feather. The gun is WAY more fun to shoot than most compacts I have tried, light recoil, solid snappy slide action, great mag selection. I love it, will carry this and keep the full size SR as a range gun etc. Only one complaint... the slide release is way tight, I have to pull the slide back just a tad and let it fly to load the chamber. A little filling and polishing, that will become a non-issue. Great gun, and the black stainless is a sweet, dark gray satin finish. If others are like mine, this gun should become a preferred compact carry pistol... kudos Ruger, nice job.

-Michael
www.michaelhacker.com

honest answer is because its a slide stop not a slide release...its not "supposed" to release the slide just keep it open on the last round..with this gun your supposed to use the slingshot method to "drop" the slide when its open. IF you look at any of the Ruger site videos on the SR9c when they are shooting it they never use the slide stop to try to release the slide they always just pull back the slide and let it go. ive also got over 600-700 rounds through mine and no way I could use it to release the slide yet(I tried just for the heck of it yesterday when I ran another 100 flawless Remington UMC and Blazer Aluminum through it.) and dont know if it will ever get to that point where I can...but then again im not worried if I can either as I knew coming in that it was a slide stop not slide release.

For some people this seems to be a problem but as long as you realize its not really supposed to be a release its a great gun.

My Mag release has always from shot #1 been just fine...the mags themselves though... were super tight but even those I can now load by hand both the 10 and 17 rounder. at first I had to use the mag loader to get more than 10 rounds in the 17 rounder :)

proscene

Bearcat
I just got mine on Monday myself SR9c Stainless Slide. I did some polishing on the barrel ejector to make it more match the slide. Still looking for a good holster. Next time a gun show is near I'll take it and fit one there.

CBennett

Single-Sixer
proscene":mjn65zvb said:
I just got mine on Monday myself SR9c Stainless Slide. I did some polishing on the barrel ejector to make it more match the slide. Still looking for a good holster. Next time a gun show is near I'll take it and fit one there.

luckily there are a lot of good ones out there now. Almost all the custom guys I called could make them and a lot are now listed. I got a Crossbreed..its a decent holster. not what I want for Summer Carry as its just a BIG holster(footprint wise) I think I will be getting a Kydex one that slimmer and smaller for Summertime CC maybe the Infidel.... but a guy just got one from Side Guard and loved it another from Pure Kustom and loved it also...