Got my gun back from Ruger...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

S3

Bearcat
I picked up a used Bisley in .45 Colt a few months ago. While I got a really good deal on it, it seemed a little loose. There was quite a bit of end shake and the cylinder gap was .009.

I called Ruger service and they had UPS at my house the next day to pick it up. After a couple of months, I finally got it back. They put a new barrel on it, closed the cylinder gap down to about .001 and put a bushing on the cylinder. It locks up nice and tight now. They did all of this free of charge. I couldn't be happier with the service I received.

I had bought a Belt Mountain pin for the gun before I sent it to Ruger, but shipped it with the original pin. The Belt Mountain pin tightened up the cylinder nicely. With the new bushing installed, the Belt Mountain pin no longer fits. Do I need to be concerned that all of the contact between the cylinder and cylinder pin is taking place at the bushing? Is this going to cause me problems down the road?

Pete

resident

Single-Sixer
Ruger did you right....and did it correctly. I'd quit worrying when the mfr gives service like that.

rugerfan100

Single-Sixer
This is exactly why I continue to buy Ruger. Not some third world country arms where you are sorry you spent your money!

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum Pete!
Ruger did what they usually do,,, take care of the customer & make them very happy.
I'd say to keep the stock cylinder pin in place,, & shoot the gun to see how it performs now. If it shoots good,, I'd save the Belt Mtn pin for something else.

Thanks for sharing the good service from Ruger. Reminds me of what you used to be able to expect from Sears Craftsman. Who knows where it's made now (Craftsman). Keep that post for next time someone complains about no written warranty on Rugers. Nice to hear there's still a few good-guy manufacturers left.

S3

Bearcat
Yeah, I was really impressed that they didn't charge me for it. I figured they'd fix it but I'd have to pay for it.

So the consensus is that having the diameter of the hole in the bushing a hair smaller than the rest of the cylinder isn't going to put too much strain on the bushing? I'm going to try and get it out and shoot it this weekend. Then it's going with me on a bear hunt next month!

Pete