Got a "wish list" gun today for a great price: Ruger .357 Maximum!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Teddydogno1

Single-Sixer
Not even half way down the first aisle at the gun show this morning my eyes locked on this excellent 10 1/2" Maximum for the wonder price of $750! It even came with the original box and shipper sleeve (but no other papers) and a set of Pachmayr grips. I have been watching these for a couple of years hoping to find one at the right time and price. I've very happy to have this waiting for me in Washington's "gun jail" system. Just a couple of quick mug shots from the show.

SN is 600-02013

ruger_maximum_rightbox.jpg

ruger_maximum_rightdet.jpg

ruger_maximum_leftbox.jpg

ruger_maximum_boxend.jpg

ruger_maximum_shipper.jpg

The seller was happy to sell to an enthusiast and not someone planning to flip it. I have been wanting one for a while (and a Dan Wesson) to go with my T/C Contender in the same caliber.

Any comments are welcome!

Rob

Johnnu2

Hunter
THAT IS A GREAT SCORE INDEED..... and a cheapo like me doesn't say that often :)

J.

Ride1949

Hunter
You did REAL GOOD! As has been said, deals like that don't come around very often. Enjoy.

gunzo

Buckeye
Congrats on getting it And... for a great price.

When I was more active in buying/using Ruger handguns I looked at times hoping to find a clean, reasonably priced Max. It never happened.

Enjoy yours!

contender

Ruger Guru
KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!
That box & shipper are harder to find than the papers from inside the box!

As noted,, it's often hard to find a "wish list" gun at a reasonable price. Occasionally I've managed to do it,, but not too often.

Onty

Single-Sixer
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

BTW, if I am in your shoes, I will stick with single base powders and 175-180 grains bullets. Too many of 357 Maximum were ruined trying to make 357 Swift, using 110-125 grains bullets and double base powders. That's the reason Ruger stopped manufacturing 357 Maximum.

contender

Ruger Guru
If you are into handloading,, AND into casting bullets,, you need to get the "Bradshaw/Martin" bullet mold for that Maxi.
David Bradshaw had a hand in the .357 Max development,, and a few years ago,, he developed a cast bullet just for the gun. Accurate Molds makes the bullet mold now. Casts a bullet in the 195 grn range.
An EXCELLENT bullet too!

I looked for one, as you did, for years. When I finally found mine it needed work, I found it had a rebarrel, and it didn't have the box or shipper. But I took it just because I wanted one. I think you did outstanding on picking that one up. I still want another with the shorter 7.5" barrel, so the hunt continues.