Got a new Single Six I thought was pretty cool......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ACRYLICTNK

Buckeye
A little scratched up, but still pretty nice. Sorry for the poor photos - I need a new camera. Shipped to Jerred on April 19th, 1956. Pictured on page 220 of John Dougan's newest book.

1zmo5ev.jpg

2d8nevr.jpg

zwc612.jpg

362718325.jpg

muac8g.jpg

j169sk.jpg

2u97rjp.jpg

JohnW

Bearcat
So being a "little scratched up", does that mean it was a little less than a "not scratched up" gun?

Never mind, I think I know the answer. :D

BTW, beeyooteeful!

flatgate

Hawkeye
Oh, My Goodness!

A Flatgate with Jerred's handiwork! That's BEAUTIFUL! Nice case, too!

A bit higher s/n than the one in my Dungeon and it's in nicer shape!

Very, very nice! Congratulations on the find!

flatgate

PS, Me and my Mac had to fix one image. It's a little bright but it shows the nice scratches.

Your camera is fine. Image editing software is the answer.......
again, Macintosh!

flatgate

ACRYLICTNK

Buckeye
Thanks for the help, Flatgate. It's such a nice gun - I wish the photos showed it better. My first RSSE - quite a lucky streak lately - a 41 brass short barrel boxed w/shipper, a white boxed Super Blackhawk w/sleeve, a 10" 8 groove 357, and the ATF called to tell me they approved the Winchester 15" 25-35 "trapper" I found for a C & R listing. Only 5 other 25-35 Trapper 1894's listed in existence! I get another rare new toy on Saturday. Look for pics soon!

contender

Ruger Guru
That thing isn't worth anything, it has too many scratches. Just send to to me here in NC & I'm sure I can polish out all that junk!

:D :D

NICE score there!

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey Mike, looks really good....I wouldn't worry too much about those small "scratches".....man I may need to move out west as it seems that is the new "RUGER HOT SPOT"......I went fishin this week and caught a couple myself and they weren't covered in scratches but they do have very similar serial numbers....xx2 and xx3 :D :D :D or is it 1xx and 1xx :lol: :lol: :lol: nah it's x3x and x3x :shock: :shock: :shock: well something along those lines........see ya RR.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
:D :) :wink: What a great revolver! My thanks to Mike for his patience, superb descriptors, and superior packaging. Sn 35519 has joined her sisters here in the Near north Woods, having arrived from the greater Phoenix Valley this morning. There will be a great celebration beginning late this afternoon and I can hear the excited murmurs of the Hawkeye Girls who probably think they'll be fraternizing with the Flattop Boys. My sincere thanks for a very positive and fruitful transaction, Mr. Reber. :lol:

ACRYLICTNK

Buckeye
Splitz, you are a gentleman and a scholar - I wasn't too sure about parting with that particular piece, but I think it will be better appreciated in your collection. Thank you for the great communication and prompt attention to details - ENJOY! Now, back to the hunt..........

c.r.

Single-Sixer
This is an off the wall question for y'all

I notice from time to time seing pics that have revolvers with the ser # filled in with white...........as is the case with this fine revolver.

I had always just figured the owner used a grease pen or crayon or something to fill in the ser # so that it would be prominant for display. meaning other collectors could easily see it whether for note takeing or emphasizing that the two next to each other or consecutive ser #'s

So after seeing the ser # in white on this pic i thought I'd ask..........Why are some of the ser #'s in white? Factory? display?????

thank you,
c.r.

Latest posts