Good price on Mark I ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

There is a gun store here locally that sends out emails with lists of used guns they have. The one today, (I usually get about one per week) had a Ruger Mark I for $549. The picture was very small, but it looks like a heavy taper barrel. It doesn't say if there is a box or paperwork or anything else. It also doesn't list condition.

It seems a bit high, but honestly, I don't ever see Mark I's for sale, as in this is probably the first I've seen.

Is it a good price? If I go down to the store, I know I'd end up buying it or something else, and my wife's threatened me not to use the credit card. But she's also out of town this weekend. She took our daughter to Austin to go to a concert. And they bought back stage passes and a suite at the W Hotel. :oops: ARGH!!! Perhaps I should go over to the gun store.

But my original question. Is this a high price or pretty average?

If it is a ANIB example of the (T678) 6 7/8" barrel, I would consider it for that price, but only if the complete package and everything is in very good shape, if it is a T514 (5 1/4") barrel….I would buy it if in 95% or better shape, for the gun only.

You can buy 6 7/8" models in good shape for $350.00-$399.00 which i consider one of the best deals in used Ruger pistols…they usually have great factory triggers and the tapered barrel target models are NO longer made by Ruger.

IF SOMEONE FROM THE FACTORY IS READING THIS! The 75th Anniversary pistol for 2024 should be a tapered barrel target model!!! (Yes, i know the standard pistol is the only model that is 75 years old but the 50th anniversary guns were over sold and Ruger can that again for the 100th anniversary long after I am gone!0

Hey! Thanks, ya'll saved me some money. I ended up driving to another gun store I haven't been to since before Covid. They had a pretty nice selection of Mark I's for a whole lot less. Nothing above $400.

I had to sleep on it, but I'm going to go back tomorrow and get one.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Wow. To think my immaculate MK1 Target could be worth so much after buying it for $72 back in 1972. About 50,000 rounds through it, but is still like a bank vault and as accurate as the super-expensive German auto's sold back then.