Good price for the SR9c???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

denvershepherd

Bearcat
Hi I finally found an SR9c at:

http://www.centerfireguns.com/handguns.html?subcats=Y&features_hash=V886.V4626.V4816.V4601.V4772

The price is $399 with no tax and free shipping. What do you guys think? That's about as low as I've seen. Should I wait or go for it? Although I've never bought from this site it actually looks quite nice. Anyone buy from this site before?

Thanks!

revhigh

Hawkeye
Check out buds gun shop online.

About the same price and ABSOLUTELY reliable and trustworthy (not that your place isn't). I'd look around ... I've seen them for between $359 and $369.

REV

denvershepherd

Bearcat
revhigh said:

About the same price and ABSOLUTELY reliable and trustworthy (not that your place isn't).

REV

Is the buds site safe? The other site looks a little more professional. So it's $405 on buds and $399 on centerfireguns.com, but if i want to use a credit card on buds it's 3% more? Is that right?

denvershepherd

Bearcat
revhigh said:

About the same price and ABSOLUTELY reliable and trustworthy (not that your place isn't). I'd look around ... I've seen them for between $359 and $369.

REV

Can I ask where you saw them for $359 and $369? Or was that in a store?

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
The cheapeast I've seen was $399. A good price for a good gun. I bought mine used, in like new condition with the box and accessories for $375.00. I'd bet it had seen less than 50 rounds through it. Look long and hard and when all else fails just go buy one from your local shop. You can usually make a good deal from a local gun store and that will help keep small businesses working.

denvershepherd

Bearcat
Big Stu said:
The cheapeast I've seen was $399. A good price for a good gun. I bought mine used, in like new condition with the box and accessories for $375.00. I'd bet it had seen less than 50 rounds through it. Look long and hard and when all else fails just go buy one from your local shop. You can usually make a good deal from a local gun store and that will help keep small businesses working.

I've been to 3 local shops and they are all out. They said they might get some more in soon but they were actually asking $469 plus tax. :(

Maybe $399 from centerfireguns.com is the best out there. How do you like your by the way?

Thanks!

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
I like it a lot! I thought my trigger was a little gritty, and very stiff at first but after break-in and a few good cleanings, it got a little better, but not as good as I wanted, so I had a Ghost Rocket installed and now I LOVE it! It made a huge difference and I can't believe the way it feels now. Good luck with your shopping

revhigh

Hawkeye
denvershepherd said:
revhigh said:

REV

Can I ask where you saw them for $359 and $369? Or was that in a store?

That was in a local store ... Dunkelbergers in Stroudsburg, PA.

REV

Mike J

Hunter
That sounds like a good shop Rev. I have seen them for $450.00 & up at shops around here. I guess where you are plays into how good or bad prices are.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
tj_cubin said:
they're $499 at gander in Northern NY. $550 for an SR9

New York is New York but that is an outrage for a big box store. The highest price I've seen in the Chicago area at any place is $450 and even less for a new SR9. Most are around $400 or so. Gander Mtn. has been known to suck as far as prices go, some stores have closed in this area, I wonder why?

45K20E4

Bearcat
I picked mine up at a local shop for $419 plus tax. That was the absolute cheapest I could find it around here.

revhigh

Hawkeye
jmfc606 said:
There is one in the classifieds now NIB for $350 shipped. The forum member is medone1. He is a great guy to work with so no worrys.

THere ya go !! Snap it up !

Medone1 is a long time trusted member.

REV

Verndog

Blackhawk
Looks to me as though prices are creeping up some prob. due to supply and demand. I got mine about a month ago now from a local gun shop for $379.00 brand new open box. I stopped in to see the SR40 and they are having troubles getting them (SR series--any)

I see buds still has then under $400.00.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/62287

denvershepherd

Bearcat
revhigh said:
jmfc606 said:
There is one in the classifieds now NIB for $350 shipped. The forum member is medone1. He is a great guy to work with so no worrys.

REV

I didn't see this post till tonight and I went ahead and ordered one last night for $399 and free shipping from centerfireguns.com. Nice site, easy checkout process and I already got my ship confirmation email this afternoon. I went with the black one. I'll let you know how it shoots. Thanks for everyone's help.

denvershepherd

Bearcat
denvershepherd said:
revhigh said:
jmfc606 said:

REV

I didn't see this post till tonight and I went ahead and ordered one last night for $399 and free shipping from centerfireguns.com. Nice site, easy checkout process and I already got my ship confirmation email this afternoon. I went with the black one. I'll let you know how it shoots. Thanks for everyone's help.

My Sr9c arrived at my local gun shop today. Filled out the background check and got home with it about an hour ago. LOVE the look! Can someone tell me if the slide and slide release should be as tight or stiff as it is? And does it eventually get worked in?

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
Yes and Yes! Not really sure if you just get stronger, or if the spring just breaks in, but mine was very stiff at first. Enjoy your new baby. :lol:

josh2415

Bearcat
I ordered mine a few weeks ago thru Bud's for $398 shipped. Just talked to my local Gander Mountain - they still have them sale priced at $399. Sweet little gun, esp at that price!

denvershepherd

Bearcat
josh2415 said:
I ordered mine a few weeks ago thru Bud's for $398 shipped. Just talked to my local Gander Mountain - they still have them sale priced at $399. Sweet little gun, esp at that price!

Just curious, was that the 'cash' price at buds? I was going to use them but centerfireguns.com had it cheaper also with free shipping but no extra charge for using a credit card.

thanks