Good News Channel?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RonT

Buckeye
I'm so tired of hearing "news" that features murders, rapes, robberies, child abuse, sex slave rings, wars or threats of war, airplane crashes, car crashes, floods, hurricanes, tornados, forest fires, etcetera.
There are many good things happening in this country and around the world. Charitable acts, people helping people, helping abused kids and animals, lending a hand to those needing rescue or down on their luck or thinking of ending it all. The closest I can find are reruns of "Rescue 911" on Pluto TV.
Sorry for the rant but the "news" we hear is so depressing and I know there are good things happening out there that we never hear about.
Someone should start a GOOD NEWS CHANNEL :!:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
All of the things you want are used by the media as "filler" pieces when the media
has a "slow" day of PANIC items for your consideration.

I agree about the good news channel. I read/watch most of my news on the internet vs the television (fewer commercials). I find that I search out more positive news than negative.

It is a bit easier to filter out the murder stories on the internet.

Fox Mike

Hawkeye
If it bleeds it leads is the "News" motto. Our local bi-weekly newspaper did have a story today about one of the local policeman that rescued two burros walking down the middle of the main highway. That is the only "good" story in either of the two print newspaper copies for today.

eveled

Hunter
Reminds me of this Anne Murray classic
https://youtu.be/XTJcchmKhPw

Cordwood

Bearcat
I have nearly quit watching the news. My anger and frustration gets off the charts.
I do go to news sites that are not biased to the left so I do know what is happening and be prepared.
Butch

bobski

Hunter
welcome to communism where the goal is to keep you depressed. then, all of a sudden, the govt comes to the rescue, they fix everything, and they appear to be the saviours so you will vote for them again.

RonT

Buckeye
bobski said:
welcome to communism where the goal is to keep you depressed. then, all of a sudden, the govt comes to the rescue, they fix everything, and they appear to be the saviours so you will vote for them again.
Machiavelli's idea of a tactic for a tyrant to employ in order to maintain power expressed in his book "The Prince" written in 16th Century...some things never change. :twisted:

Cordwood

Bearcat
I do not trust the government at any level! The news outlets are part of the problem and I refuse to let them upset me daily.
Butch

bobski

Hunter
dont blame the govt. key people voted them in. the enemy stands next to you unaware.

protoolman

Hunter
Remember Johnny Carson's show. Poke a little fun at the president. Interview some friendly celebs trade jokes with sidekick Ed McMahon, just positive entertainment. Nothing like the negative jerks on at night now. I actually watch Carson re-runs.

RonT

Buckeye
protoolman said:
Remember Johnny Carson's show. Poke a little fun at the president. Interview some friendly celebs trade jokes with sidekick Ed McMahon, just positive entertainment. Nothing like the negative jerks on at night now. I actually watch Carson re-runs.
I also watch Johnny on Pluto TV, it's refreshing compared to the garbage on TV these days.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Big diff between a 'good' news channel and a 'good news' channel.
I haven't heard any 'good news' since November 2020.

Montelores

Buckeye
bobski said:

Here's a reference to "Stockholm Syndrome."

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/what-is-stockholm-syndrome

Monty