Good loads for 10mm?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

grobin

Blackhawk
Looking for good target and medium game (deer, hog, black bear....). I have the Buffalo Bore hard cast for backup when hunting dangerous game.

contender

Ruger Guru
What do your various loading manuals suggest?
By reading the material under each caliber,, you will often find info about what the test labs have found to be the better powders & loads. Then, you need to find what will work in your gun, as the most accurate & that fits your desires.

jbntx

Single-Sixer
grobin said:
... I have the Buffalo Bore hard cast for backup when hunting dangerous game.

For reloading the 10mm, you won't find a better powder than Blue Dot.

8emem

Bearcat
My top 3 powders for 10MM (in order):
1. Blue Dot
2. Accurate #7
3. 800-X

As you work up your loads you will probably find that you need to run them on the warm side of the published data. These powders are very good in my S&W 1006 at about 5% below max using 180 JHP's, so I stopped there. Lighter loads are not accurate and leave quantities of unburned powder.

rangerbob

Buckeye
As stated above, Blue Dot is the way to go if one wants maximum performance. A 180 or 200 grain bullet is hard to beat. My 6" Glock M40 thinks it's a .41 Magnum. I guess I have left it alone with my 6" M57 S&W in the gun locket to often. Bob!! :mrgreen:

C-Dubs

Bearcat
I've used Longshot, AA #7 and #9, and Blue Dot all with success.

Both AA #7 and Blue Dot were already mentioned.
Blue Dot doesn't meter well in my experience.

I prefer and use Longshot in fast calibers like .357Sig and 10mm

Moki

Bearcat
Very important when loading top 800X loads measure/weigh each charge individually dangerous high pressure spikes can occur with just a few extra flakes.

I have been shooting/reloading for the 10mm since 1987 best powder for high velocity/accuracy and ease of reloading is Blue Dot, AA#9 you can't put to much into a case so is super safe to load with, AA#7 is good but Blue Dot is better.

Moki

Bearcat
Best 10mm reloading data - info can be found @ Glock Talk 10mm Reloading forum https://www.glocktalk.com/forum/10mm-reloading-forum.67/

grobin

Blackhawk
I've found the Glocks are very sensitive to loads near the max. Also blue dot works well but doesn't meter well. I find that weighing each load produces the best results. I'll give true blue a try.

glocks seem to come apart with max or slightly over max loads; maybe the plastic isn't all it's cracked up to be!?

loaded round

Hunter
I second (and third) the use of Blue Dot powder. Started using it in the mid 80's in my then new Colt Delta Elite using 180 gr hard LSWC bullets and have never looked to change my recipe and I now own 3 10mm pistols..

JStacy

Blackhawk
I use 11.5/2400/175TC cast bullet. It shoots well out of my Mod610 and my Rock Island . I also like Blue Dot but have to be careful with loads near max and hot weather. And friends, it's hot as Texas here right now. I know Az thinks 100+ may be a little balmy but with our heat and humidity ,it's hot !!

se3388

Bearcat
Power Pistol and #9 work fantastic with 180 gr bullets in my Delta Elite and SR1911 in 10mm.

Steve.........

altajava

Bearcat
I run True Blue in my .40 and .45s. For the sake of simplicity I wanted to run it in my 10mm as well. The only other semi I have that I load for uses the same powder as my revolvers, which are all magnums and all use 296 with very good results. True Blue lists a load for 180gr XTP in the .40 but nothing in the 10. Based on that it seemed to me it should work fine in the 10, but with zero book data to start with I was p hesitant to try. So I asked people that know more than I, excellent load data here ...

http://10mm-firearms.com/reloading-10mm-ammo/using-true-blue/

In my 1911s Ive worked up to 9.3gr True Blue, CCI 350 & 200gr XTP. Seems to be more accurate than me, feels good and zero pressure signs. My chrono died so no numbers there yet but I'm happy with this load