Good deal? 6 1/2" stainless SS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bluestraw

Bearcat
Hey guys! :lol:

Local FFL has a 1981 stainless Single Six 6 1/2" with only the LR cylinder. It looks very used. Price is $185.00.
Now if it shoots like crap and the barrel is shot, about how much do you think Ruger would charge to make this a decent plinker?

Thanks,
Blue

AkRay

Single-Sixer
It would be hard for me to believe that a 22 rimfire barrel could be damaged from too much shooting. It sounds like a price that I would be willing to take a chance on. The appearance can be improved by cleaning or other methods. As long as someone didn't hammer or file on it, I'd say it's probably a good deal.

flatgate

Hawkeye
My goodness! A virtually indestructible gun at a bottom of the barrel price!
I have one of those and have fired maybe 150 mag rounds through the .22 Mag cylinder. Too expensive, too loud!

264767830.jpg

My 3rd or 4th Ruger and it's one I kept since buying it in the 1980's.

flatgate

Redstick

Single-Sixer
bluestraw":1736e0ca said:

Local FFL has a 1981 stainless Single Six 6 1/2" with only the LR cylinder. It looks very used. Price is $185.00.
Now if it shoots like crap and the barrel is shot, about how much do you think Ruger would charge to make this a decent plinker?

Thanks,
Blue

Cain't hardly go wrong on that deal!!! Sometimes, Ruger dosen't charge anything. It's shipping a handgun that gets 'spensive! Either way, buy it and fix it yourself, or send off to Ruger (IF there is actually anything even wrong with it), and it's a good deal! 8)

Ripsaw

Bearcat
A really good price. What does the crown look like?? That is probably the only area that is iasy to damage. I have a MkII that has thousands of rounds through it. It is still more accurate than I can fire it.

Ripsaw

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
bluestraw":y4a02iy4 said:

Thanks,
Blue

Good price ! I doubt if the barrel is shot out and SS cleans up with a little polish and elbow grease. Get it ! :mrgreen:

sebtool

Blackhawk
Just my opinion, but I'd be waiting outside his door when he opens up tomorrow! Might want to call and leave a messeage on his answering machine today!

Run Forrest, run! :lol:

All bs aside, sounds like a pretty good deal. IF there's anything beat on it, it should be reasonable to fix.

There's a real good post on inspecting a used revolver on TheFiringLine.com that outlines what to look for. It's at the beginning of the revolver forum.

If you go in, and show the guy you actually have a clue as to what you're talking about, you might even get him down to $150-160, if there are any actual mechanical problems with the gun. It's hard to believe that there could be anything major wrong with it though.

If you decide against the purchase, let's see - central Il. ain't too far from St. Louis, so mebbe you could hook a buddy up??? :lol: I'm gonna have to find 1 for my son pretty soon, so he'll leave mine alone! He can't afford to shoot .22 mags anyway.... :wink:

I agree, doubt if anyting "shot out" and may need a good cleaning & detail...after , it is 'stainless' the same color all the way through....they clean up "like new"...great deal anyway...you done good

bluestraw

Bearcat
Hey guys! :D
Didn't get back in town till the other day, just in time for a pretty nice winter snow storm and had the time to check SS. Guess what......? Yup, it was sold. Just another 'He who hesitates' kind of thing. :cry: :roll: I'm thinking that I should just keep a wad of cash on me for those very rare good deal moments. Thinking I might have missed another in Northern Illinois when I left. McSports had a nickel S&W 34 .22 snub for $299 if I remember right. I didn't pick it up but it sure did look nice. Sim Ivory grips I believe.

Oh well.......... :oops:

Latest posts