GONE HUNTING

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Our deer season starts saturday, I'm leaving today to set up camp, not hard to do since I'm pulling camp with the truck. All 5 of my kids will be here, its always a wonderful time, we never stop laughing.
There's a local guy here who is taking 35 head of cow elk to slaughter in a few weeks, he ask me if I had some friends who would like to take one with a handgun & I said yes. A non-resident tag & license is over $500, they will be able to take a nice fat cow for the same price, without buying a license or tag, no they aren't wild elk but they will be shot at the slaughter house or taken the same way with a sixgun.
I'm looking forward to meeting these 4 forum members, we also have a trip planned to Boise to meet Elmer! :wink:
If things go as planned I have a chance to take 4 deer, thats here plus Montana & Utah, I've taken 3 before but never 4, we'll see if my luck holds out. I just love october!! Good hunting everyone!

Dick

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Good Luck, Dick ! And don't forget to remove the sauerkraut from your pockets :lol: . Even being down wind, I think the deer will still be able to smell it ! :D

Hopefully there will be lots of pictures with big bucks in them.

contender

Ruger Guru
And I'm one of the 4 guys who will finally get to meet sixshot, callshot, etc!
I EXPECT some good deer hunting stories!

contender":22h3ezdj said:
And I'm one of the 4 guys who will finally get to meet sixshot, callshot, etc!
I EXPECT some good deer hunting stories!

I don't know how you are pulling this off, but I'm sure happy for you.
Dick and I have been trying to get togather for 2 years now. Just hasn't worked out.
Have fun.
Jim

callshot

Blackhawk
Contender, the stories will be great, but meeting me will not be as great as meeting sixshot. See you next month. Can'tshoot

sixshot

Buckeye
Had to run back to town to see the back Dr., needed a little tune up!
I managed to scout around for 2-3 hours even though the wind would blow the whiskers off a Billy Goat. I saw 5 deer, a cow moose & a sly old coyote. The coyote was trying to put the sneak on 3 of the deer, there was one fawn in the bunch. The doe had him spotted even though he was 2-3 hundred yds out in a stubble field so he gave u[ & went mouse hunting.
I was talking to Zeus on the cell phone & when I turned around there was a cow moose 40 yds from me in the quakies, we had a stare down for 15 minutes, I was a little nervous she had a calf but never seen one. A cow moose is as dangerous as a black bear if you mess with their calf.

Dick

Arnold Stuart

Bearcat
Dick: So the wife finally kicked you out of the kitchen, I bet she is saying: Oh what a relieve it is. Hey hope you get the four that your after, good luck and watch out for those cow moose.

Arnold

mt

Single-Sixer
Hey Dick, add another person looking forward to some good hunting stories.

I have to admit a small bit of envy at your weather and hunting seasons. A little front rolled through this morning and we're supposed to get into the low 40's here in the Texas Hill Country tonight. I'm proud to see it, the last week has been low 90's and 70% humidity = miserable. The cool weather will only be a one day shot but we'll take it.

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful hunt.

mt

americal

Hunter
Calling all members :) I believe when these guys get togather 8) we are in for some good vivid recounts of some GREAT adventures :D good luck--- BE CAREFUL :wink:

Zeus

Blackhawk
Cantshoot, I'm looking forward to meeting you, heard a lot about you over time from Dick. Should be a blast :)

I'm planning to bring a small smoker and we will be doing some ribs and pulled pork while I'm there. Got a call this morning from another buddy that may fly into Boise to go and see Mr. Elmer with us. Should be a great trip. Look forward to seeing you all there next month.

Zeus

Blackhawk
Apple is good but a little light for me. My wife likes it better than I do, but it depends on what we are cooking. I'm not much on mesquite though. I've found over the years for all around smoking, I prefer hickory. I'll have to look and see if I have apple in the stash but I know I have hickory :) I figure between Jeff and Dick hammering away with the dutch ovens and if I can get the smoker's up to temp depending on the weather I guess, we will eat pretty well, I ain't one to go without eating :)

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Zeus, make sure you bring some sauerkraut ! I understand Dick loves the stuff :p . Don't know if he ever had any 'smoked' sauerkraut ?

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
I have some very good friends (more like family) that live up sixshot's way in Soda Springs. They sent me some photos last night from their deer hunt. The wife (Mom) actually spotted the deer, but was afraid she would spook it if she moved into position to take a shot so she had the old man take it.
My pal:
2qtzais.jpg

His lovely wife:
2eyhztk.jpg

Regards,
Greg

Zeus

Blackhawk
Great deer! I hope sixshot and his boys are seeing some of those right about now. I'm sure we are in for some good stories when he's back around the house before long :)