Gone But Not (Completely) Forgotten!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Herman Kantz

Bearcat
I got my first Ruger, a Super Blackhawk, in about 1968 and through the years I have owned a number of them including a few 10-22s, laminated stainless .223 varmint, and several other single action revolvers.
My wife has a LC380 with CT laser that Galloway worked on.
About twenty years ago I got into SASS CAS and started with a pair of 4 5/8" stainless Bisley Vaqueros in .44.
I later got a pair of 5 1/2" stainless Bisley Vaqueros in .44.
I had done action jobs on all of them as well as some cosmetic touches.
I got to thinking that a pair of 7 1/2" stainless Bilsey Vaqueros in .44 would be fun. Only problem was Ruger didn't make them so I had to myself.
In addition complete action jobs I "de-lettered" the barrels, gave them a mirror polish, shortened the base pins, and bead blasted the hammer and trigger faces as well as the front sight (replaced higher one) and rear sight channel.
I shot thousands of .44 Special rounds through them for several years, shooting in Double Duelist and an occasional Gunfighter match until a mishap with a table saw allowed me to count in fractions.
That and a waning interest pretty much ended my very lackluster SASS and IDPA careers. (We've got a pretty nice range here on the farm and I don't have to stand around for three hours to shoot for three minutes.)
Because of advancing age I decided a few years back to sell a few guns I didn't shoot much so I parted with about seventy or so, the 7 1/2" stainless Bisleys being part of the sale.
I had sold a Single Six Bisley that I had set up to a guy who wanted the 7 1/2" Bisleys so when I got ready to sell them he took them.
I've recently been thinking about getting another single action just for range fun and have taken a fancy for one of the Accusport .357 Bisleys. I missed one on GB by a few hours but will continue to look.
Anyway, I thought some forum members might like to see the 7 1/2" Bisleys (that now live in Idaho).
HK

Don Lovel

Hunter
I built the 4 5/8 Bisley in my avatar from a pawn shop rescue Blackhawk.
5 1/2" barrel original run Bisley Vaqueros have such excellent balance, I want one with color case hard finish, starting to be unobtanium in the used market, I keep searching. I would trade a decent #1 in 300 mag for a 5 1/2" Bisley Vaquero in 45 Colt. Thinking about bidding on this one because I love the grips and color case look
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/618004838

Hughree

Bearcat
I want a 7 1/2 blue, Bisley Vaquero in .45 Colt and try not to think about it too often.

You aren't helping. Not one little bit.

mic214

Bearcat
That is a great looking pair of BV's you got there!

Some years back I had a .44 magnum version with a 4-5/8" barrel. In a moment of weakness, I sold to a friend of mine. I got it back a while later in a trade deal.

I found a 7-1/2" barrel for it and that installed. I really love the balance that longer barrel offers…

Herman Kantz

Bearcat
I was going through some pictures and came across this "family portrait".
They were separated for a few years (I sold he Single Six Bisley first) but they are now back together - just not in my safe!

mic214

Bearcat
HK,

That is a great "Family Portrait".....!

I really love the feel of the Bisley grip. I have a pair of the original 5-1/2" models in .45 Colt that I use for cowboy shooting. One is stainless and the other has a factory full blue job:

I also had a 7-1/2" Bisley Blackhawk in .44 magnum that I carried quite a bit for hunting. Unfortunately, that one got traded off to a buddy in a moment of weakness for something else I just had to have, but I can't recall what it was right at the moment:

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
mic214 said:
HK,

That is a great "Family Portrait".....!

I really love the feel of the Bisley grip. I have a pair of the original 5-1/2" models in .45 Colt that I use for cowboy shooting. One is stainless and the other has a factory full blue job:

I also had a 7-1/2" Bisley Blackhawk in .44 magnum that I carried quite a bit for hunting. Unfortunately, that one got traded off to a buddy in a moment of weakness for something else I just had to have, but I can't recall what it was right at the moment:

Nice Bisley Vaqueros. Nice Randall, too!

pruger45

Blackhawk
I've sold/traded several over the years. I was an avid N frame collector for several years but they've all moved on!