Gold bead front sight for Blackhawk needed. Where to get?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I don't recall any company offering a front gold bead sight for the Blackhawk. Due to then being welded on,, there isn't a big market.
However, I have seen where someone milled off the front sight, leaving the base, dovetailing the base, and inserting a correct height rifle gold bead.

Tallbald

Buckeye
Guess I should be more specific. I would like to have a gold bead blade that fits my existing Blackhawk ramp. I may be seeking something that's not out there.

jforwel

Bearcat
Some time back Ross Seyfried wrote an article and mentioned using a Pilot gold marking pen (Staples, Office Max, etc) to make gold bars similar to the custom bars inserted in the front blade. I tried it a it works great for long range shooting and the ink lasts quite a while. When it starts to wear just touch it up, it's almost like paint.

You might want to try it to make a square at the top of your blade and see if that works for you, much cheaper too.

Dale53

Blackhawk
My blue Blackhawks have a solid front sight. It would require a milling machine and some careful work to change out the front sight.

My Stainless BlackHawk has an interchangeable front sight (it is pinned on).

So, it would depend on whether your sight is silver soldered on or was pinned on.

The better Pistolsmiths can do the tough one - you can do the easy on (the pinned on front sight on the Stainless Steel BlackHawk).

Dale53