Going price on used mini 14

Help Support Ruger Forum:

38/357

Bearcat
I have a chance to buy A mini 14 in mint condiction from A friend that he bought brand new , it's about 8 years old , it only has about 300 rounds through it, stainless with wood stock, he is asking $500 and two brand new factory 20 round mags , and he allso said he will throw in about 50 rounds of fmj target ammo , what do you all think , about right on the price ? thanks for any opinions.

38/357

Bearcat
I have , it shoots great , I know the rifle , i remember when he bought it , the only problems he ever had was with aftermarket mags , like most minis , but factory mags it , runs like A timex watch.

Plinker MKII

Bearcat
The current issues start at $699 brand new!
I like the classic versions better, I say $500 is a bargain with the added bonus items. Both factory mags run close to $100!
I'd pay the asking price, it's a win win situation.

kwg020

Bearcat
The going price for a new tactical is around $600 to 620. I would give $400 for a Ranch rifle because you can mount a scope on it with Ruger rings, but for the old standard Mini with fixed sites I'd be hard pressed to give $350. Look at CDNN. sorry I don't have the link. kwg

kwg020

Bearcat
I just looked a the CDNN catalog (you have to down load it) and it shows the new Tacticals for $590. They are blued and the new Ranches for $610.

44rugerr

Single-Sixer
The price seems good to me. Before the scare I was seeing many sell for less than $500.00. I don't think we will see those prices again.

If he's truly a friend and you have the money... I'd pay the $500, I suspect it is a ranch model rifle which is a plus... does it have the little cheap flip up peep sight on the back?

I like the minis even with their tainted reputation. If the two 20 round mags are factory...that's a 50 to 80 dollar bonus right there.