Go Royals!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

For the first and maybe only time in my life, I have scored a World Series ticket. After a last-minute search for an airliner ride, I'll be on the red-eye Tuesday night to be at the game in Kansas City Wednesday. I am tickled to pieces. :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

Jim Puke

Hunter
WAYNO said:
Jim Luke said:
Congrats!

I hope you have a blast!

Oh I will! Thank you. Too bad you're not a little closer to Atlanta, as I have a short lay over there. I'd buy you a Bloody Mary for breakfast. :mrgreen:

WAYNO.

Thanks, WAYNO...and if I had gone ahead and retired as I had planned...I would just meet you there anyway...but, looks like it is another workday. Maybe next time...

737tdi

Hunter
Wayno: If you have ever read my baseball posts??? I am a huge Texas Rangers fan. In a crisis I will root for the American League team. I have been to four World Series games. All Rangers. Unfortunately we lost both of the series. Congrats on getting tickets, I sure hope you root for the Royals. If it hadn't been for a horrible defensive game against the Jays the Rangers might have been there instead. Who knows??

Go Royals. I love Kaufman Stadium, it is a great ballpark. One of my favorites and I have been to most.

Have fun:

Karl

737tdi said:
Wayno: If you have ever read my baseball posts??? I am a huge Texas Rangers fan. In a crisis I will root for the American League team. I have been to four World Series games. All Rangers. Unfortunately we lost both of the series. Congrats on getting tickets, I sure hope you root for the Royals. If it hadn't been for a horrible defensive game against the Jays the Rangers might have been there instead. Who knows??

Go Royals. I love Kaufman Stadium, it is a great ballpark. One of my favorites and I have been to most.

Have fun:

Karl

Yep, I've seen your Rangers posts. 8)

Out here in Oregon, we don't have a home team. We don't even have minor league baseball. Our baseball stadium was converted to a professional league soccer field. :cry: You know, keep Portland wierd.

I feel no ownership of the Mariners.

Watching any given baseball game on TV, I will choose an underdog to root for one game at a time. Southern teams always trump Northern teams. When it's the World Series, I always root for the AL.

The only games I've actually watched in person were in Kansas City, starting way back when the A's were the home team there. So yep, the Royals are my team. I saw Jeter play while I was in Kansas City last year. The Kansas City crowd was absolutely way cool with respect for this great baseball player.

I wish we could have baseball out here. I know it would require a covered field, but that's happened in other places so it is reasonable. But I don't think Portland has enough real men left to support a baseball team.

WAYNO.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Wayno, Karl knows my feelings about a favorite team: "Anybody who beats the Blue Jays!" With that said, best of luck to the Royals and enjoy this chance to see a Series game, too.

Rick C