Go Pro mount holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Been looking for a decent holster/pouch for carrying concealed a small handgun on a backpack shoulder strap. Got thinking about the GoPro style starp mount might be a good base for such a method. It'd use the clip these camera mounts use to attach to the strap wrap itself. Looked and not finding anything but curiosu if anyone here has come across such a product.
Don't want a chest rig, or other method I keep seeing on searches. I want a method that is attached to the shoulder straps.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
In the Army, we used duct tape for our knives.

umm...ok.
🤨

Can't picture this GoPro thingy you are talking about.... I guess I need to try and look it up.

I think you are going to need to improvise your own.... will need to be secured tight so that the pouch does not flop.

There are all sorts of adaptors for attaching things to MOLLE loops. Last resort: find something that fits where you want it and fabri-cobble the holster to it.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
There are all sorts of adaptors for attaching things to MOLLE loops. Last resort: find something that fits where you want it and fabri-cobble the holster to it.
Kinda my thought as well. Ordered a pouch and the clips for my current mount.I think I can make something work. Surprised this isn;t a thing.

Totally different, to a degree, but when I inherited some items from my late brother in law one was a military pistol belt with a k-bar on it and several pouches... canteen an etc.... one was the cloth pouch for a entrenching tool and it was at the 3:00 position on the belt. I realized what this was for... his Ruger P95. Perfect set up for walking in the woods...

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Couldn't do something like that. Just too...baggy and not sure of the word I'd use. My "walk in the woods" has us hiking 6-20 miles with thousands of feet of elevation gain. Already carrying our backpacks. so this wouldn't work at all nor be a method I'd go with anyways. Just too bulky for what it is to me.
Should know in a day or three if my idea will work.