Glock19 or MP9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Question: In general, Is there a know accurcy difference between these two. IF YOUR GOING TO BE SHOOTING AT 50 FEET???? Sorry to ask a Loaded question.

revhigh

Hawkeye
I've never seen an XD, XD/M or M&P 9 yet that could shoot as good as a Glock 9. I shoot all three regularly, and from an accuracy standpoint, I'd say the Glocks win hands down every time.

I think both the XD's and the M&P's are far prettier than the Glocks though ... both are much more tacticool looking if that matters to you.

It doesn't matter to me.

I own a few Glocks, but most of my buddies own XD's, with an M&P thrown in. I'd rate them Glock, XD, then M&P, but truthfully, there's not a whole lot of difference.

The only XD/M ('M' for MATCH HAHAHA) I've shot was seriously lacking in the accuracy department. If I were looking at Springfield plastic guns, I'd get a 'regular' XD.

All are good.

REV

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
revhigh":4rwlkynt said:
I've never seen an XD, XD/M or M&P 9 yet that could shoot as good as a Glock 9. I shoot all three regularly, and from an accuracy standpoint, I'd say the Glocks win hands down every time.

I think both the XD's and the M&P's are far prettier than the Glocks though ... both are much more tacticool looking if that matters to you.

It doesn't matter to me.

I own a few Glocks, but most of my buddies own XD's, with an M&P thrown in. I'd rate them Glock, XD, then M&P, but truthfully, there's not a whole lot of difference.

The only XD/M ('M' for MATCH HAHAHA) I've shot was seriously lacking in the accuracy department. If I were looking at Springfield plastic guns, I'd get a 'regular' XD.

All are good.

REV

Thanks for the feed back!

railroader

Single-Sixer
Try and rent both to see how you shoot them. I had a glock 17 that I wanted to love but I just couldn't shoot it very accurately. I wound up selling it to buy a ruger p95 which worked out for me. Mark

GaryT

Bearcat
M&P, followed by XD, followed by Glock...something about the trigger and grip angle on the Glock. I find with the more naturally-pointing grip angle on the M&P and XD provides much greater accuracy...of course, my SR9 is more accurate than any Glock I used to own, too...

Mike J

Hunter
I agree with railroader. It would be worth it to rent them both & shoot them to see which one works best for you.

greener

Single-Sixer
Accuracy, in my opinion is something the shooter does with the firearm. Precision is something the firearm/ammo combination does. Although I'm sure the precision data from the various makes shooting while locked into a rest over a variety of ammo can be found, I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference.

I've fired glocks, XD's and own an M&P. Not sure which is more "accurate." I've done reasonably well with all of them. The M&P seems to fit me better.

If you are out buying, try as many as you can.

2ndamd

Bearcat
If you are talking full size guns?
I have found the order goes M&P, XD then Glock.

But, glock's model 26? That little gun will out shoot all the bigger guns.

revhigh

Hawkeye
2ndamd":39zdx7a8 said:
But, glock's model 26? That little gun will out shoot all the bigger guns.

Not so sure the 26 will outshoot the bigger guns, but the 26 IS a great shooter. :D

REV

GaryT

Bearcat
I've owned all three...for me, the M&P first, then XD, Glock last. However, I have to agree about the Glock 26; a guy I worked with had one, and let me try it at our local range...at 10 yards I was able to shoot a group a little over an inch, with a three-shot one-hole clover leaf. I was tempted to get one, but I've since found I don't really need a Glock, since the M&P's have come out!

FED327

Bearcat
I've owned all three and the P95 as well. As far as "match target" shooting is concerned, I would rate the M&P, Glock, and then the XD. At this point, comparing 9mm. From a tactical shooting standpoint, I would put the P95 in there between the M&P & Glock, however, my blue P95 costs about half what the other three do, so my vote would be the P95. In .45 caliber, hands down my choice would be the P90 and the P97 for a second choice, followed by the M&P .45...

Snake45

Hawkeye
FED327":zeqbl3mi said:
In .45 caliber, hands down my choice would be the P90 and the P97 for a second choice, followed by the M&P .45...
I'd take the Ruger P345 over any of them.