Glock Grip Reduction Made Easy Part 2 (Complete)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
My stippling job here isn't my best, but my eyes have gotten steadily worse in the past year or so and I haven't been able to get new glasses, I just can't SEE :cry: Putting that aside, I'm very pleases. The pistol feels and points GREAT for me now.
G381.jpg

G382.jpg

G383.jpg

G387.jpg

G388.jpg

G389.jpg

jhearne

Buckeye
Looks good with the stippling, helps hide and blend the cut you made very well. Did you dura-coat it while you were at it? Remember it not being gray in the last pics you posted earlier.

Josh

Edit, noticed it was all B&W, not a Glock guy, so any gray frames are new to me ;).

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
Loctite Super-glue was used primarily to reattach the backstrap. The stuff dries as hard as steel (just about). I thought about filling the removed piece of backstrap with bed-liner or something so that I would have a big flat surface glue back on the mag' well. I may opt later to fill it with bed-liner or something for added strength, but it's not going anywhere.

My camera was set to B/W, the pistol is OD Green.

In any case, the little pistol feels good in my hand.

jhearne

Buckeye
Dang. Didn't notice these pics were B&W too :oops:. Sure the OD Green looks good too though.

Josh

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I think it came out quite well, and you should be proud. It actually looks quite a bit better than some of the "professional" GGRs I've seen.

I wouldn't do it to one of mine, but that's what keeps life interesting.

Good job!

-- Sam

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
Nicely done!

Glock Grip Reduction Made Easy Part 1
It takes some big brass to break out the saw.

""It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
~ Theodore Roosevelt

Regards,
Greg

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
I appreciate all the positive comments, I'm extremely happy with how it feels and how it points. Now I just have to get it to the range.

I was terrified about doing a grip reduction, and I wouldn't have had I not thought of a new way to do it. There's WAY to much involved in the "traditional" way, this however was really easy.

It may be a GAP, and it may see less range time than the P89 (For now) but I have to say I am very happy to finally be able to call myself a Glock owner. Next (couple of years probably) it will be the G26, I think.

As far as Rugers go, I am super happy with my P89, and the mods I did on that one I couldn't be more pleased with. I used to think that P89's were ugly guns, but my one-of-a-kind 89 is one sweet looking/shooting gun and will stay with me forever. No more Rugers for me however, my experiences with a couple of P95's left a sour taste. I MIGHT sometime in the future consider a P345, beyond that, it may be all Glocks and maybe an XD, then on to LONG guns!

airwin

Bearcat
Hi TNR, thanks for sharing your story, you did really made a good job, hats off to you! I have never seen any modification like yours, it looks very professional. For my person, I never would dare such a big step of operation on my "holy" guns. But in your case, it seems you has done the right thing and you has made it very well. Congratulations! Maybe one day you will get a call from a gun-factory if they look for a gun-desinger...

9isFine

Bearcat
:eek:
Wow Nice Job....I didnt think you could beat your P89 mods!!
Please post a picture of the Modd'ed P89 and the reduced grip Glock together.....Now you need to get a XD and a fullsize M&P to tinker with

berettapistols

Blackhawk
Congrats on the Glock 33 TruthNotRelative!!
I could never cut one up in peices like that, I would have sent it to ColdBore Customs. But I like to tinker too..
I've been wanting to also ask you about your P-89 & how you Dura-Coated it or whatever?? Tan/Sandy color..
My "Project P-89" should be arriving in parts within the next few weeks..
Not sure yet if I'll just assemble the gun & shoot it & then maybe later after I'm sure it's worthy of keeping refinish it..
I've read were some folks have terrible accuracy issue with some P85/P89s & others are very happy..
Anyhow any advice on how/what you used to refinish your P-89 would also be helpfull to me too..
I plan on a matte grey or black on my P-89??????
Gary

kraigster414

Bearcat
You did a great job in my opinion. Make that a fearless job. Most of the pansies out there, myself included never would have had the kahunas to even consider such a project, and the main thing is, you're happy.

modrifle3

Buckeye
TruthNotRelative said:
I appreciate all the positive comments, I'm extremely happy with how it feels and how it points. Now I just have to get it to the range.

I was terrified about doing a grip reduction, and I wouldn't have had I not thought of a new way to do it. There's WAY to much involved in the "traditional" way, this however was really easy.

It may be a GAP, and it may see less range time than the P89 (For now) but I have to say I am very happy to finally be able to call myself a Glock owner. Next (couple of years probably) it will be the G26, I think.

As far as Rugers go, I am super happy with my P89, and the mods I did on that one I couldn't be more pleased with. I used to think that P89's were ugly guns, but my one-of-a-kind 89 is one sweet looking/shooting gun and will stay with me forever. No more Rugers for me however, my experiences with a couple of P95's left a sour taste. I MIGHT sometime in the future consider a P345, beyond that, it may be all Glocks and maybe an XD, then on to LONG guns!

Very nice work! Glock needs to really take a look at the mods being done by owners and make the changes. Do you have a link to the p89 thread?