Glock Grip Reduction Made Easy Part 1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
I performed a Grip Reduction on my Glock 38. Forget the way you've been taught, this is a EASY/BETTER way. The grip is perfect now. Added bonus, you keep the existing backstrap. pics below illustrate "Part 1" of the project, part 2 coming soon.

Grip1.jpg

Grip2.jpg

Grip3.jpg

Grip4.jpg

Grip5.jpg

Grip6.jpg

Mike J

Hunter
I'm not going to give him any crap Armed. I just want to see how it turns out. Besides I figured it would just be a matter of time before Truth would have to figure out something to tinker with

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
If I wanted a pistol that would fit my hand, I'd have bought a pistol that would fit my hand.

I wanted a Glock. I wanted a Glock that would fit my hand. I made the Glock fit my hand. And it is saaaaweeet.

The project has been done a couple of days, just too lazy to take the pics.

I did research on Glock Grip reductions and even when the "pro's" perform it it's UG-A-LY. SOOOOO, my brain being what it is said to me, "What if.....?" And the Johnboy Glock Grip Reduction was born.

BTW, apparently these are popular. Even when you do a Google search a million GGR's show up. Difference is mine looks good. And feels even better.

And, I didn't "mutilate" my Glock, I made it work for me.

So, my advice to those who dislike modding your pistols? Umm, don't do it. I love mine.

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
Hey Guys!
This is the Mrs...... When he first got the Glock, I Hated it.. Too big for me...... And Since the MOD...... OMG.... It looks like he didn't do anything, and it feels like a Million Bucks!!!!! I'm so amazed!!! LOVE IT!!

bub

Single-Sixer
TNR, you're a much braver man than I am. Some light sanding to dull some of the sharp areas, sure, no problem. Sawing off the backstrap, sanding it, then putting it back on? NO WAY!!! Waiting with baited breath for Part #2.

Bub

DocGlock

Bearcat
Ok Truth, it's been 19 hours since you posted Part 1, I can't wait to see Part 2. It looks like it's got the potential to turn out great, but Part 2 will be the proof.

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
"Love the glock (concept at least) the only thing i hated was the grip."

You and me both, hence the "butchering". Well, now you know that something can easily be done about the grip. I don't recall, do you own any Glocks? My guess is no...........?

collector rob

Bearcat
ArmedinAZ":ulcnkjku said:
You're a brave soul. :shock: Hope you're posting at some Glock site too (where you won't take the crap that's coming here..)
LMAO!! :D But exactly what I was thinking.

Do you have after pictures? Curious to see how it turned out.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
collector rob":1aog0xi8 said:
ArmedinAZ":1aog0xi8 said:
You're a brave soul. :shock: Hope you're posting at some Glock site too (where you won't take the crap that's coming here..)
LMAO!! :D But exactly what I was thinking.

Do you have after pictures? Curious to see how it turned out.
Look for the "Part II" post. It came out well!

-- Sam

Mike J

Hunter
Part 2 is here Sonny-http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=82022&highlight=glock+grip+reduction

tkarter

Single-Sixer
I have been around long enough to believe the person that posted those photos. He is as good a luthier as anyone.

I have a G 17. Can't shoot it any where near as good as my P95.

I wish I was capable of hacking on it so that it would shoot as good or better.
tk

Bumps

Bearcat
John boy who did glock reduction. How did it hold up and final pics. Do you still feel this is the best way to do this grips

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The only part about Glocks I don't like are those absolutely useless, cheap looking finger bumps on the front strap of the grip. Fortunately they are easy to remove.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
FergusonTO35 said:
The only part about Glocks I don't like are those absolutely useless, cheap looking finger bumps on the front strap of the grip. Fortunately they are easy to remove.
I detest those "finger bumps" on any grip. The are always in the wrong place for me. I've ground them off of several Hoque revolver grips, both rubber and hardwood, to get the fit I want. Fortunately, Ruger never put them on the SR or P-series guns.