Give and Take

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
I went to sign up for a CCW class and on the information sheet it stated that "a single action is not considered a good self defense gun". I didn't take the class.

JWhitmore44":2q0upi45 said:
I went to sign up for a CCW class and on the information sheet it stated that "a single action is not considered a good self defense gun". I didn't take the class.

I agree it's not. For most people--Unless you really know how to use it and practice. Now, a D/A is a whole new ballgame. BTW, I took my classs with a Colt 1991. Next time it will be with the short barrelled 45 Blackhawk

wavehopr":3e52hxjx said:
Well, while they were fighting all afternoon to keep it on paper, I blew the center "bulls-eye" out with my year-old single-six, and they shut up. I gave as good, or better, than I got. That Ruger really shined today.

Excellent! I love stories like this. You have to wonder how many of those trying to keep on target either recently bought the firearm, or never practice with it, but they DO have their wonder 9 or wonder .40?

I remember when I got my permit to carry we had an older(probably late 50s or early 60s) gentleman with the S&W model 10 that looked like it had "history" who shot the best scores. The way he carried himself and kept in shape I figure he was either ex military or police or possibly both and knew exactly how to handle his revolver and what he could do with it.