Giraud case triming.Fast trim,chamfer,debur all in one pass

Help Support Ruger Forum:

erreertt

Single-Sixer
https://youtu.be/QQuWuMt6fOU
This thing is amazing! Anyone else run giraud?

mongochicago

Bearcat
I use the Giraud and think it is the best thing since I git into reloading. MUCH better than the Gracy I got rid of.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
My Lee Quick Trim will do all that in one operation. I have the hand crank, but it can be converted to drill operated. As a plus, trim length is adjustable. Runs about $20, another $10 for caliber specific die.

cadillo

Blackhawk
I bought one about ten years ago. Very nice! I suppose that by now you know that they must be sized before trimming as the trimmer indexes off the case shoulder.

I use mine for '06, .308, and .223. The cat's meow!

erreertt

Single-Sixer
How well do you like the 762x39 reloads? Is it an AK or mini30? Any accuracy benefits or is it to save money?

Clovishound

Blackhawk
sliclee said:
I don't under stand? What is the purpose of a trimmer? When do we have to use one of them.

If all you reload is pistol ammo, you probably don't need one. Bottleneck rifle cases increase in length with firings, and need to be trimmed down.

erreertt

Single-Sixer
Clovishound said:
sliclee said:
I don't under stand? What is the purpose of a trimmer? When do we have to use one of them.

If all you reload is pistol ammo, you probably don't need one. Bottleneck rifle cases increase in length with firings, and need to be trimmed down.
Yup and this trimmer will save you a couple hours. Instead of pushing through trimmer, pushing through chamfer, pushing through debur in each case. This one just 1 and done