Ghosts Spirits Whatever You Call Them......Real??? Part 2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Brought this topic up once before. Had an experience tonight that has me nearly shaking as I sip bourbon straight. My dad passed a year ago September. I had not done any reloading since. Have do very little gun related another rabbit hole of a topic we will avoid for now. Anyways Christmas is nearly here. Sister inlaw needs some proper defense ammo for her ladysmith. Got some wicked Lehigh solid copper defense and some shiny nickle starline cases. Did all my prep last night. Just was not feeling it so did not finish. Tonight I go to throw powder and seat the bullets.

Go in the reloading room. Rather large bench with shelving on the back third. Top shelf has countless old cartridges and shotgun shells displayed. I happen to look at the shelf as I am getting my powder measure set. There are numerous cartridges and shells knocked over. Just random. Should of been a domino effect. That's weird. Look closer,some are outright moved. I can see a clean circle in the dust but nothing laying down next to the circle. I step back and survey the whole situation. Numerous boxes are slightly askew. Then I stopped dead.

My brother shoots 165 grain corlokt in his 06. Years ago Dad got a large quantity insanely cheap.He repacked them in those blue plastic utility boxes from midway. Couple weeks ago brother asked if I could load some more for him. Well as I surveyed the bullet shelves my eye settled on a now open box of 165 grain corlokt that I will bet everything I own was not open last night.

Ok I am freaked out lets go for three. Since I can remember Dad had a mitoyo dial caliber. I don't know how many times as I a kid I get the speech about how not to touch it. How fragile it was expensive it was etc. I had used it last night. It was on the bench exactly were I left it. I pick it up tonight. The glass on the dial is cracked.

Wishing I had something a bit stronger than bourbon right now. Been many years since i have partaken,but can't remember the last time I longed for some herbal relief this bad. I am just plain shook.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
There's no way to answer this without being critical of your recounting of the events, and I won't do that. I'll just say that the universe is not only strange, it is stranger than we can imagine. Sometimes we simply have to accept what is, without explanation or speculation.

Johnnu2

Buckeye
No question in my mind.... we are not alone. I actually bought a house that was haunted by the previous owner's wife who had committed suicide when she found the old man (yup he was an old one at the time) had cheated on her with a neighbor. Her existence in that house was 'identified' by two individuals who spent time at the residence when I owned it. And several random 'events' further contributed to her existence. I'm going to post a long post in the future (not today) to detail my story without hi-jacking the OPs post here. Her name was Mrs. Arnold.

J.

BearBiologist

Single-Sixer
“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy”
William Shakespeare, "Hamlet"

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
RonT said:
Do you have any pets that have access to the loading room? Any mouse or other critter problems?

Hi,

Gremlins take the blame for lots of open cabinet doors and untold other items that seem to have gone to "new" places, especially involving lower new altitudes than before.

For a scientific explanation, I need only to look at my two incurably curious "room-mates" who masquerade as house cats.

As to the OP, I do believe there are things we'll simply never be able to explain.

Rick C

mike7mm08

Buckeye
NO pets except a 110 pound couch potato of a dog. Won't do the steps to get in the basement. Main floor room above reloading room is unused and sees almost no foot traffic.

foxtrapper

Single-Sixer
How old a gent are you? Getting up in years directly effects your memory,look at Biden!

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I can't say whether 'ghosts, spirits, or whatever' but I've definitely been aware of a 'presence' on several occasions. Sometimes more of just a mental nudge while others were more physical or even objects that have been moved. Take it for what it is and don't get too wound up over it. If it's something bad or malicious, ask for help but otherwise, just accept that we living humans don't know everything nor are we supposed to know.

AzGeno

Single-Sixer
I’m with Mobuck on this one. Who knows. We as humans don’t. But in the end assume it is good, until you have a reason to think otherwise
Geno

blackhawknj

Buckeye
Paranormal events, spirits, ghosts, whatever, are like the sense of smell, no one has found a way to accurately measure or quantify them, too many hucksters, careerists, tellers of tall tales have discredited research into them.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
On one occasion I was sitting on the living room couch, my dog, a handsome German shepherd was curled up sort of at my feet, and I was watching television. His ears perked up and he focused his attention to a corner across the room, near the door. He got up and sort of cautiously walked across the living room, a low growl coming from deep in his throat. He approached the corner cautiously, then investigated for a minute, then came back and took up his position at my feet. He still gazed at the corner, then broke off his stalk. And that was it.

Bob Wright

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Foxtrapper I am only 43. If I am losing it that bad, time to go take a walk in the woods with one cartridge.
Mobuck not worked up over what happened more the fact something did happen, that cannot be explained. My personality is such that I don't respond well to things that are explainable. Go to have an answer have a hard time saying to heck with it.
Bob I have gotten used to that. For several years now my dog will stop dead whatever he might be doing. Stare at a spot on the ceiling the wall a corner etc.. Sometimes he will wake out of a dead sleep and do it. Spooked me at first fairly used to it now.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I am a Christian and believe the Bible as being the Word of God. And Scripture does relate the appearance of a ghost as well as the presence of demons. As a Christian, I am protected from harm from these, so not spooked but there is an eerie feeling at such occurrences.

Bob Wright

I believe in ghosts and spirits. There are just too many times when we remember and talk about long dead relatives and something happens for which that the person would have been responsible.

So yes, I totally believe the OP’s reloading bench was “disturbed.”

RonT

Buckeye
The Bible is very clear that when we die we sleep in the dust with our fathers until Judgment Day. When we are dead we are dead. Belief in or attempting to contact familiar spirits is an abomination unto God. However there are evil spirits that will try to fool you into believing that these happenings are your Dad's spirit. In fact they are trying to tempt you and lead you to destroy your soul and, as you said, drive you to drink and destroy your body as well. These evil spirits only have the power that you allow them to have via your free will. Even Christ was tempted by Satan the great deceiver, master of illusions and father of lies. Anyone has the ability to drive these evil spirits away just by saying "Depart from me in the name of Jesus Christ". Just imagine yourself as being a mirror that reflects evil away from you and back to where it came from.

wheelgun1958

Blackhawk
Years ago wife and I were touring the Queen Mary in Long Beach. In an area with many artifacts in glass cases I thought I saw movement in a dark corner. Upon investigation of said corner I got an intense feeling of dread and pending doom. I told my wife we gotta go NOW. Very strange.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Only story I have is one my Mom related to me;
Seems she was the favorite of her Grandpa (My Great Grandpa) when she was a teenager in MO she said one night at about 2 or 3 AM the door to her room opened and Grandpa came in, Said nothing just sat down at the foot of the bed and smiled at her; Then after a couple of minutes, He got up and left closing the door behind him. In the Morning it was discovered that he had passed away at THAT TIME of the morning. My Mom always felt he just came in to say "Good Bye" on his way to Heaven.

wolfsong

Staff member
Before my current career in Corrections I was a professional Chef for close to 30 years. As I worked and learned my trade I had the dream of one day owning my own restaurant. A long, strange and sad chain of events culminated in actually achieving my dreams/goal. It was a beautiful old 2 story Victorian home from the late 1800s. A sweeping staircase, antique sideboards, chandeliers, French doors; simply elegant and beautiful. And haunted. I won't bore you with the details, as there are many inexplicable things that happened, with many witnesses. I will tell you that, after the initial fear/shock/bewilderment, it was NOT an uncomfortable experience.

I no longer own the business but I have talked with subsequent owners of the building and they relate the exact same "mysteries" that I experienced. Interesting...

I believe.